Current:Home > StocksEthermac Exchange-Wisconsin man gets 3 years in prison for bomb threat against governor in 2018 -Capitatum
Ethermac Exchange-Wisconsin man gets 3 years in prison for bomb threat against governor in 2018
Rekubit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-07 03:09:54
MADISON,Ethermac Exchange Wis. (AP) — A Wisconsin man who made a bomb threat in 2018 that prompted a search of then-Gov. Scott Walker’s office in the state Capitol has been sentenced to three years in prison and two years of extended supervision, the state Department of Justice announced on Friday.
Terrance Grissom, 53, was already serving time for making other threats against officials when he sent a letter in 2018 to the Dane County District Attorney’s Office saying that there was a bomb in Walker’s office that would kill the governor at the push of a button. Capitol Police evacuated the office and searched it but did not find any explosives.
Grissom pleaded guilty earlier this month to a charge of making a bomb threat and was sentenced on Thursday in Dane County Circuit Court. Adam Welch, the public defender listed as Grissom’s attorney, declined to comment.
“Those who make criminal threats to harm others must be held accountable,” Attorney General Josh Kaul said in a statement. “Bomb scares are serious offenses, and I’m thankful to everyone involved in the investigation and prosecution of this case.”
veryGood! (27)
Related
- Retirement planning: 3 crucial moves everyone should make before 2025
- Indiana US Senate candidate files suit challenging law that may keep him off the ballot
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis injects presidential politics into the COVID vaccine debate
- 'This was all a shock': When DNA test kits unearth family secrets, long-lost siblings
- Tropical rains flood homes in an inland Georgia neighborhood for the second time since 2016
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra musicians get 3% annual raises in 3-year labor contract
- Biden and Brazil’s Lula meeting in New York to discuss labor, climate
- Bachelor Star Clayton Echard Served With Paternity Lawsuit From Alleged Pregnant Ex
- The White House is cracking down on overdraft fees
- XFL, USFL in 'advanced talks' on merging leagues, per reports
Ranking
- Eva Mendes Shares Message of Gratitude to Olympics for Keeping Her and Ryan Gosling's Kids Private
- Three great 90s thrillers
- Airbnb says it’s cracking down on fake listings and has removed 59,000 of them this year
- British police officer is charged with murder of unarmed Black man in London
- Where will Elmo go? HBO moves away from 'Sesame Street'
- Most of Spain’s female players end boycott of national soccer team after government intervenes
- Book excerpt: The Heaven & Earth Grocery Store by James McBride
- Mortgage rates unlikely to dip this year, experts say
Recommendation
Selena Gomez engaged to Benny Blanco after 1 year together: 'Forever begins now'
Azerbaijan says it's halting offensive on disputed Armenian enclave
Ohtani has elbow surgery. His doctor expects hitting return by opening day ’24 and pitching by ’25
Most of Spain’s female players end boycott of national soccer team after government intervenes
Family of explorer who died in the Titan sub implosion seeks $50M-plus in wrongful death lawsuit
Women who say they were abused by a onetime Jesuit artist denounce an apparent rehabilitation effort
Mischa Barton Reflects on Healing and Changing 20 Years After The O.C.'s Premiere
Ohtani has elbow surgery. His doctor expects hitting return by opening day ’24 and pitching by ’25