Current:Home > ScamsMarilyn Manson completes community service sentence for blowing nose on videographer -Capitatum
Marilyn Manson completes community service sentence for blowing nose on videographer
NovaQuant View
Date:2025-04-07 04:44:58
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Marilyn Manson, who was sentenced to community service for blowing his nose on a videographer at a 2019 concert in New Hampshire, recently completed his time at an organization that provides meeting space for Alcoholics Anonymous and Al-Anon, according to court paperwork.
The shock rocker, 55, spent 20 hours last month at the Windsor Club of Glendale, a California nonprofit that provides meeting locations for Alcoholics Anonymous and families of alcoholics to “achieve a more meaningful life through recovery,” according to the group’s website.
A certificate of completion was filed by the Assistance League of Los Angeles with a New Hampshire court on Jan. 30. Manson had to file proof of his service by Feb. 4.
Manson, whose legal name is Brian Warner, pleaded no contest in September to the misdemeanor charge in Laconia, about 30 miles (48 kilometers) north of Concord, the state capital.
A no contest plea means Manson did not contest the charge and did not admit guilt.
He initially was charged with two misdemeanor counts of simple assault stemming from the encounter with the videographer at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion in Gilford on Aug. 19, 2019. The second charge, alleging that he spit on the videographer, was dropped.
Manson also was fined. He needs to remain arrest-free and notify local police of any New Hampshire performances for two years.
Prosecutor Andrew Livernois had said it was his first offense and he had no prior record.
Manson initially pleaded not guilty to both charges in 2021. His lawyer had said that the type of filming the videographer was doing commonly exposes videographers to “incidental contact” with bodily fluids.
Manson emerged as a musical star in the mid-1990s, known as much for courting public controversy as for hit songs like “The Beautiful People” and hit albums like 1996’s “Antichrist Superstar” and 1998’s “Mechanical Animals.”
Last year, a California judge threw out key sections of Manson’s lawsuit against his former fiancée, “Westworld” actor Evan Rachel Wood, claiming she fabricated public allegations that he sexually and physically abused her during their relationship and encouraged other women to do the same. He is appealing the ruling. The judge recently ruled that Manson cover Wood’s legal fees, according to Rolling Stone.
Manson’s lawsuit, filed last year, alleges that Wood and another woman named as a defendant, Illma Gore, defamed Manson, intentionally caused him emotional distress and derailed his career in music, TV and film.
Several women have sued Manson in recent years with allegations of sexual and other abuse. Most have been dismissed or settled, including a suit filed by “Game of Thrones” actor Esmé Bianco.
The Associated Press does not typically name people who say they have been sexually abused unless they come forward publicly.
veryGood! (9758)
Related
- Kourtney Kardashian Cradles 9-Month-Old Son Rocky in New Photo
- Kelly Clarkson Addresses Ozempic Rumors After Losing Weight
- Stock market today: Asian shares mixed in muted trading after Wall Street barely budges
- Childish Gambino announces 'The New World Tour': See full list of dates
- $1 Frostys: Wendy's celebrates end of summer with sweet deal
- Dispute over transgender woman admitted to Wyoming sorority to be argued before appeal judges
- Florida man who survived Bahamas shark attack shares how he kept his cool: 'I'll be alright'
- George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck’
- Brianna LaPaglia Reveals The Meaning Behind Her "Chickenfry" Nickname
- New Jersey lawmakers pass overhaul of state’s open records law
Ranking
- Jury selection set for Monday for ex-politician accused of killing Las Vegas investigative reporter
- George Clooney will make his Broadway debut in 'Good Night, and Good Luck' in spring 2025
- McDonald’s is focused on affordability. What we know after reports of $5 meal deals.
- McDonald’s is focused on affordability. What we know after reports of $5 meal deals.
- RFK Jr. closer to getting on New Jersey ballot after judge rules he didn’t violate ‘sore loser’ law
- The Nebraska GOP is rejecting all Republican congressional incumbents in Tuesday’s primary election
- Diver exploring World War II-era shipwreck off Florida goes missing
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Gee Whiz
Recommendation
3 years after the NFL added a 17th game, the push for an 18th gets stronger
Why Chris Pratt Says There's a Big Difference Between Raising Son Jack and His Daughters
Removal of remainder of Civil War governor’s monument in North Carolina starting
Pro-Palestinian demonstrators who blocked road near Sea-Tac airport plead not guilty
US appeals court rejects Nasdaq’s diversity rules for company boards
Ohio adult-use marijuana sales approved as part of 2023 ballot measure could begin by mid-June
Pro-Palestinian demonstrators who blocked road near Sea-Tac airport plead not guilty
Howard University cancels nurses' graduation mid-ceremony after door is smashed