Current:Home > ContactTradeEdge-Prince William wants to see end to Israel-Hamas war 'as soon as possible' -Capitatum
TradeEdge-Prince William wants to see end to Israel-Hamas war 'as soon as possible'
Fastexy View
Date:2025-04-07 02:03:04
Prince William wants to see an end to the Israel-Hamas war "as soon as possible."
The TradeEdgemonarch released a rare statement Tuesday detailing his concerns about the conflict, which first began in October.
"Today marks the first of two visits over the next few weeks to hear more about the human impact of the ongoing conflict in the Middle East beginning this afternoon, to hear about those supporting the humanitarian response," Prince William wrote in an Instagram Story.
“I remain deeply concerned about the terrible human cost of the conflict in the Middle East since the Hamas terrorist attack on 7 October. Too many have been killed,” the statement on the official Prince and Princess of Wales Instagram page continued. "I, like so many others, want to see an end to the fighting as soon as possible."
Who would succeed King Charles III?Everything to know about British royal line.
The prince also said there is “a desperate need” for humanitarian aid in Gaza.
“Sometimes it is only when faced with the sheer scale of human suffering that the importance of permanent peace is brought home,” Prince William said. “Even in the darkest hour, we must not succumb to the counsel of despair. I continue to cling to the hope that a brighter future can be found, and I refuse to give up on that.”
In an Instagram post Tuesday, Prince William said he made a visit to the British Red Cross to better understand how the monarchy can provide assistance to those affected in the Middle East. The royal family typically steers clear of offering political opinions, including the late Queen Elizabeth.
"The queen notably had no official opinion on Brexit," the successful vote that saw England leave the European Union, Myko Clelland, a Scotland-based royal historian with genealogy website MyHeritage previously told USA TODAY. "The monarchy is still here precisely because they've remained above those kinds of decisions."
The public remarks about the war in Gaza come as the royal family has revealed health struggles in recent weeks, including King Charles III's cancer diagnosis announcement earlier this month.
"During The King's recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
King Charles III diagnosed with cancerfollowing hospitalization for prostate procedure
Charles underwent a "corrective procedure" at The London Clinic after the palace previously announced that the monarch, 75, was seeking treatment for an enlarged prostate.
But that wasn't the only royal run-in with health issues. Two weeks after a "planned abdominal surgery," Princess Kate returned home after she was admitted to the hospital.
"The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided," Kensington Palace said in a statement at the time. "The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world."
Contributing: Marco della Cava
veryGood! (58918)
Related
- John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
- 58-year-old grandmother of 12 breaks world planking record after holding position for more than 4.5 hours
- Lawyers want East Palestine residents to wait for details of $600 million derailment settlement
- NBA legend John Stockton details reasons for his medical 'beliefs' in court filing
- American news website Axios laying off dozens of employees
- New Jersey officials say they are probing hate crime after Islamic center is vandalized at Rutgers
- Kemp suspends south Georgia mayor accused of stealing nearly $65,000 from his town
- Shannen Doherty, Holly Marie Combs and More Charmed Stars Set for Magical Reunion
- Where will Elmo go? HBO moves away from 'Sesame Street'
- Smudges on your TV? Make your own DIY screen cleaner with just two items
Ranking
- 3 years after the NFL added a 17th game, the push for an 18th gets stronger
- Runaway goat that scaled bridge 'like a four-legged Spider-Man' rescued in Kansas City
- How Travis Kelce Celebrated Lifetime MVP Jason Kelce For National Siblings Day
- The Masters: When it starts, how to watch, betting odds for golf’s first major of 2024
- Breaking debut in Olympics raises question: Are breakers artists or athletes?
- Boston Celtics, Jrue Holiday agree to four-year contract extension, per report
- The Daily Money: A car of many colors
- He's back! Keanu Reeves' John Wick returns in the Ana de Armas action spinoff 'Ballerina'
Recommendation
Report: Lauri Markkanen signs 5-year, $238 million extension with Utah Jazz
Making cement is very damaging for the climate. One solution is opening in California
Instagram begins blurring nudity in messages to protect teens and fight sexual extortion
Justice Neil Gorsuch is not pleased with judges setting nationwide policy. But how common is it?
$73.5M beach replenishment project starts in January at Jersey Shore
Chiefs' Rashee Rice faces aggravated assault, seven more charges over multi-car crash
Henry Smith: Outlook for the Australian Stock Market in 2024
NBA legend John Stockton details reasons for his medical 'beliefs' in court filing