Current:Home > ScamsEx-Kentucky swim coach Lars Jorgensen accused of rape, sexual assault in lawsuit -Capitatum
Ex-Kentucky swim coach Lars Jorgensen accused of rape, sexual assault in lawsuit
PredictIQ Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 06:04:41
LEXINGTON — Two former members of the Kentucky swimming and diving team filed a suit Friday in U.S. District Court.
The suit, which names former coach Lars Jorgensen, former coach Gary Conelly, athletics director Mitch Barnhart and the university itself, alleges there was a "toxic, sexually hostile environment" within the swim program during Jorgensen's tenure. The suit further claims the university allowed Jorgensen “to prey on, sexually harass, and commit horrific sexual assaults and violent rapes against young female coaches and collegiate athletes who were reliant on him.”
The Athletic was the first to report the allegations and lawsuit in a story that published Friday. The story detailed allegations of misconduct against Jorgensen, who was fired by UK last year after a 10-season tenure with the swimming and diving program.
veryGood! (16)
Related
- The FTC says 'gamified' online job scams by WhatsApp and text on the rise. What to know.
- Halle Berry Shares Rare Photos of 15-Year-Old Daughter Nahla in Birthday Tribute
- American climber dies on Mount Everest, expedition organizer says
- A Spotify publisher was down Monday night. The culprit? A lapsed security certificate
- Selena Gomez's "Weird Uncles" Steve Martin and Martin Short React to Her Engagement
- 9,000 digital art NFTs are being released to raise funds in George Floyd's memory
- Zendaya’s Stylist Law Roach Addresses Claim He’s “Breaking Up” With Her
- Elon Musk says he'll reverse Donald Trump Twitter ban
- Sonya Massey's father decries possible release of former deputy charged with her death
- Ben Affleck Addresses Those Memes From the 2023 Grammys
Ranking
- Will the 'Yellowstone' finale be the last episode? What we know about Season 6, spinoffs
- Afghanistan's women protest as U.N. hosts meeting in Doha on how to engage with the Taliban
- In surprise move, Sheryl Sandberg leaves Facebook after 14 years
- Authorities in China question staff at U.S. consulting firm Bain & Company in Shanghai
- John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
- 'Love Me Tender' and poison pills: Unpacking the Elon Musk-Twitter saga
- 13 small ways to ditch your phone and live more in the moment
- Last call: New York City bids an official farewell to its last public pay phone
Recommendation
Chief beer officer for Yard House: A side gig that comes with a daily swig.
Suspected drone attack causes oil depot fire in Russian-controlled Crimea
Ulta 24-Hour Flash Sale: Take 50% Off Halsey's About-Face, Too Faced, StriVectin, Iconic London, and More
Authorities in China question staff at U.S. consulting firm Bain & Company in Shanghai
'Malcolm in the Middle’ to return with new episodes featuring Frankie Muniz
A Spotify publisher was down Monday night. The culprit? A lapsed security certificate
ISIS chief killed in Syria by Turkey's intelligence agency, Erdogan says
How Iran and Saudi Arabia's diplomatic breakthrough could impact the entire Middle East