Current:Home > MyAlgosensey Quantitative Think Tank Center-Kate Middleton Will Miss Trooping the Colour Event 2024 Amid Cancer Treatment -Capitatum
Algosensey Quantitative Think Tank Center-Kate Middleton Will Miss Trooping the Colour Event 2024 Amid Cancer Treatment
Chainkeen Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 11:58:04
Kate Middleton is Algosensey Quantitative Think Tank Centerfocusing on her health.
The Princess of Wales will be absent from the Colonel's Review ahead of the Trooping the Colour Ceremony on June 8 as she continues her cancer treatment.
"This year General James Bucknall K.C.B., C.V.O will carry out the role of Inspecting Officer," a Kensington Palace spokesperson told NBC News May 30. "On behalf of HRH The Princess of Wales at Colonel's Review as she continues her recovery."
The annual Colonel's Review and Trooping the Colour military ceremonies, which will occur on June 8 and June 15, respectively, sees 1400 parading soldiers and hundreds of musicians to celebrate the Sovereign's birthday. Each event is nearly identical, with the Colonel's Review only including some additional mounting officers.
This year's events would have seen Kate—who shares kids Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 9, and Prince Louis, 6 with Prince William—take on a larger role in the ceremony. After all, the 42-year-old was named the Colonel of the Irish Guards in 2023, and the group will troop their colors this year.
Kate's health journey has been her priority since she stepped back from royal duties in January, later sharing her cancer diagnosis in March.
Earlier this month, the Kensington Palace reiterated that Kate will continue to maintain her privacy throughout her treatment.
"The princess is not expected to return to work," a rep for the princess told BBC May 21, "until it's cleared by her medical team."
The royal herself has also expressed advanced gratitude for the public respecting her space and privacy as she undergoes preventative chemotherapy.
"It has been an incredibly tough couple of months," Kate explained in a March 22 video. "We hope that you'll understand that as a family we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment."
Kate also ensured that she will return to her royal duties eventually.
"My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy," she added. "I look forward to being back when I am able, but for now I must focus on making a full recovery."
As Kate continues her road to recovery, keep reading for an update on royal news.
Nearly two months after the Princess of Wales went public with her cancer diagnosis, a spokesperson for Kensington Palace said the royal has no immidiate plans to return to her public-facing duties.
"The princess is not expected to return to work," the rep said in a May 21 statement to BBC, "until it's cleared by her medical team."
On May 13, King Charles III bestowed the title of Colonel-in-Chief of the Army Air Corps to his oldest son, sparking controversy as many royal watchers believed the title would be more suited for Prince Harry, who trained and served in the military branch.
On April 26, nearly three months after sharing his cancer diagnosis, Buckingham Palace announced that Charles will return to public-facing duties.
The queen consort attended the Royal Maundy Service on March 28 in place of King Charles III, making her the first spouse of the Monarch to continue the ancient tradition.
In a March 22 video message, the Princess of Wales shared that she'd been diagnosed with cancer after undergoing abdominal surgery in January.
"It was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful," she said before noting that tests after the operation found cancer had been present. "My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment."
After photo agencies pulled the picture Kensington Palace shared of Kate since having her abdominal surgery on March 10, the Princess of Wales addressed claims the photo was doctored.
"Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing," she tweeted on March 11. "I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother's Day. C."
Princess Diana's niece celebrated Mother's Day in the U.K. by sharing she and her husband Michael Lewis privately welcomed their first baby.
“It’s the joy of my life to be your mummy, little one. I love you unconditionally," she captioned her March 10 Instagram post. "Happy Mother’s Day to those who celebrate today."
After keeping up her full slate of engagements in the wake of her husband's cancer diagnosis, the palace cleared Camilla's schedule.
The Times pointed out March 2 that the 76-year-old didn't have any engagements on her calendar until March 11, when she'd be due at Westminster Abbey to observe Commonwealth Day.
The husband of Lady Gabriella Windsor and ex-boyfriend of Pippa Middleton, was found dead Feb. 25. Days later, a coroner's inquest found that he died by suicide.
While King Charles III was in the hospital for his benign prostate enlargement procedure, the royal family member was diagnosed with cancer.
"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties," Buckingham Palace said Feb. 5. "Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible."
The Duchess of York's rep said in a statement on Jan. 21 that Sarah was recently diagnosed with malignant melanoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer. Several months prior, she underwent a single mastectomy to treat breast cancer.
On Jan. 14, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark made history as she officially abdicated the throne, handing the crown over to her son, now known as King Frederik the 10th.
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate Middleton underwent planned abdominal surgery and was set to remain in the hospital for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice," the Palace said, "she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."
Amid Kate's recovery, Prince William postponed a number of engagements as he supported his family, including the couple's three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Shortly after Kate's hospitalization was made public, Buckingham Palace shared that Charles "has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate."
"His Majesty's condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure," the statement added. "The King’s public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation."
Princess Claire and Prince Felix of Luxembourg welcomed son Balthazar Felix Karl on Jan. 7, the first royal baby of the New Year!
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (219)
Related
- Working Well: When holidays present rude customers, taking breaks and the high road preserve peace
- Late-season storm expected to bring heavy snowfall to the Sierra Nevada
- Celebrate May the Fourth with These Star Wars Items That Are Jedi-Approved
- Jewel Has Cryptic Message on Love Amid Kevin Costner Dating Rumors
- Tony Hawk drops in on Paris skateboarding and pushes for more styles of sport in LA 2028
- Who should be the Lakers' next coach? Ty Lue among leading candidates
- What does '6:16 in LA' mean? Fans analyze Kendrick Lamar's latest Drake diss
- That Jaw-Dropping Beyoncé, Jay-Z and Solange Elevator Ride—And More Unforgettable Met Gala Moments
- Boy who wandered away from his 5th birthday party found dead in canal, police say
- Aetna agrees to settle lawsuit over fertility coverage for LGBTQ+ customers
Ranking
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Triathlon
- California man who testified against Capitol riot companion is sentenced to home detention
- Late-season storm expected to bring heavy snowfall to the Sierra Nevada
- Emily in Paris Season 4 Release Date Revealed
- New Orleans mayor’s former bodyguard making first court appearance after July indictment
- William H. Macy praises wife Felicity Huffman's 'great' performance in upcoming show
- Slain Charlotte officer remembered as hard-charging cop with soft heart for his family
- Self-exiled Chinese businessman’s chief of staff pleads guilty weeks before trial
Recommendation
What were Tom Selleck's juicy final 'Blue Bloods' words in Reagan family
New Hampshire moves to tighten rules on name changes for violent felons
Why F1's Las Vegas Grand Prix is lowering ticket prices, but keeping its 1 a.m. ET start
T.J. Holmes and Amy Robach Look Back at Their Exits From ABC Amid Rob Marciano’s Departure
Boy who wandered away from his 5th birthday party found dead in canal, police say
Archaeologists unveil face of Neanderthal woman 75,000 years after she died: High stakes 3D jigsaw puzzle
Republicans file lawsuit to block count of Nevada mail ballots received after Election Day
Fundraiser celebrating fraternities that guarded American flag during protest raises $500K