Current:Home > reviewsFrankie Valli addresses viral Four Seasons performance videos, concerns about health -Capitatum
Frankie Valli addresses viral Four Seasons performance videos, concerns about health
Fastexy View
Date:2025-04-06 10:22:53
Frankie Valli is getting a kick out of speculation about his health.
The Four Seasons frontman spoke with People to address fan concerns about his health, after social media clips of him performing went viral. The videos show Valli, 90, performing with the group, though maybe not as nimbly as in years prior. The clips have elicited comments like, "Whoever keeps sending Frankie Valli out on stage at this point is committing elder abuse."
But the New Jersey native brushed off the concerns.
"I know there has been a lot of stuff on the internet about me lately so I wanted to clear the air," Valli told the outlet in a statement shared Monday. "I am blessed to be 90 years old and still be doing what I love to do and as long as I am able, and audiences want to come see me, I am going to be out there performing as I always."
He continued: "I get a chuckle from the comments wondering if someone forcing me to go on stage. Nobody has ever made me do anything I didn't want to do."
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Valli also addressed speculation that he is lip-syncing during performances, adding that he's still able to sound like the original records because of "60 years of experience," vocal layering and "great arrangements."
"I absolutely love what I do," he said. "And I know we put on a great show because our fans are still coming out in force and the show still rocks."
Frankie Valligranted 3-year restraining order from oldest son Francesco
The Four Seasons is one of the best-selling groups of all time, the subject of the hit Broadway musical "Jersey Boys" and known for the hit 1960s singles "Sherry," "Big Girls Don't Cry" and "Walk Like a Man." The group is currently on tour through 2025.
Valli's statement comes months after he was granted a 3-year restraining order from his oldest son, Francesco Valli.
In April, another one of his sons, Emilio Valli, petitioned for a domestic violence restraining order, including his father as an additional protected person, following an alleged incident at The Four Seasons singer's home earlier that month.
A judgment ruled Francesco Valli is required to stay at least 100 yards away from the singer and his property and was granted a no-contact order through 2027.
Contributing: Naledi Ushe
veryGood! (83)
Related
- New Zealand official reverses visa refusal for US conservative influencer Candace Owens
- AP Week in Pictures: Global
- For Pittsburgh Jews, attack anniversary adds to an already grim October
- What income do you need to be in the top 50% of Americans? Here's the magic number
- Where will Elmo go? HBO moves away from 'Sesame Street'
- Texas man sought in wounding of small town’s police chief
- Ex-NYPD commissioner rejected discipline for cops who raided Brooklyn bar now part of federal probe
- Californians’ crime concerns put pressure on criminal justice reform and progressive DAs
- FACT FOCUS: Inspector general’s Jan. 6 report misrepresented as proof of FBI setup
- Indiana Fever star Caitlin Clark a near-unanimous choice as WNBA’s Rookie of the Year
Ranking
- Skins Game to make return to Thanksgiving week with a modern look
- TikToker Mr. Prada Charged With Second-Degree Murder After Therapist Was Found Dead
- Alleged Kim Porter memoir pulled from Amazon after children slam book
- Collapse of national security elites’ cyber firm leaves bitter wake
- Rylee Arnold Shares a Long
- Did You Realize Kristen Bell and Adam Brody’s Gossip Girl Connection?
- Augusta National damaged by Hurricane Helene | Drone footage
- Secret Lives of Mormon Wives’ Whitney Leavitt Addresses Rumors About Her Husband’s Sexuality
Recommendation
IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
Sean 'Diddy' Combs accuser's lawyers ask to withdraw over 'fundamental disagreement'
6 migrants from Egypt, Peru and Honduras die near Guatemalan border after Mexican soldiers open fire
Hawaii nurses union calls new contract a step in the right direction
Skins Game to make return to Thanksgiving week with a modern look
South Carolina sets Nov. 1 execution as state ramps up use of death chamber
‘Beyond cruel’: Newsom retaliates against this LA suburb for its ban on homeless shelters
Jennifer Hudson Hilariously Confronts Boyfriend Common on Marriage Plans