Current:Home > MarketsChainkeen Exchange-Photographer alleges he was forced to watch Megan Thee Stallion have sex and was unfairly fired -Capitatum
Chainkeen Exchange-Photographer alleges he was forced to watch Megan Thee Stallion have sex and was unfairly fired
TrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 04:48:34
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A photographer who worked for Megan Thee Stallion said in a lawsuit filed Tuesday that he was forced to watch her have Chainkeen Exchangesex, was unfairly fired soon after and was abused as her employee.
In the suit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Emilio Garcia said that after a night out in 2022 in Ibiza, Spain, he was in an SUV with the hip-hop star when she began having sex with another woman right next to him. He was unable to get out of the moving car, and would have been in the middle of nowhere in a foreign country even if he was able. Garcia was “embarrassed, mortified and offended throughout the whole ordeal,” according to the lawsuit.
Alex Spiro, Megan’s lawyer, said she would fight the lawsuit in court.
“This is an employment claim for money — with no sexual harassment claim filed and with salacious accusations to attempt to embarrass her,” Spiro said.
The next day Megan told Garcia never to discuss what he saw and berated and fat-shamed him, the lawsuit said. The complaint also said Garcia, who had already considered quitting because he was overworked and underpaid in a hostile work environment aggravated by Megan’s possessiveness and abusiveness, was misclassified as an independent contractor but treated as an exclusive employee.
Garcia raised those issues in the conversation with Megan, and was fired the following day after four years of working for her, the suit said. He has since filed a job discrimination complaint with the California Civil Rights Department.
The lawsuit, first reported by NBC News, names as defendants Megan, whose legal name is Megan Pete; her companies Megan Thee Stallion Entertainment and Hot Girl Touring; and her label, Roc Nation. A defense response has yet to be filed. There was no immediate response to an email seeking comment from a representative of Roc Nation.
Garcia is seeking financial damages to be determined at trial, alleging he has suffered severely both emotionally and physically because of his treatment on the job, the firing and having to witness the scene in the SUV.
Megan, 29, was previously involved in major legal drama — and underwent a torrent of online abuse — as the victim of a shooting by rapper Tory Lanez, who a jury found fired at her feet on a street in the Hollywood Hills in 2020. She testified at the trial where jurors convicted Lanez of three felonies and a judge sentenced him to 10 years in prison.
Already a major rising artist at the time of the shooting, Megan has since become one of hip-hop’s biggest stars. She won a Grammy for best new artist in 2021, and she had No. 1 singles with “Savage,” featuring Beyoncé, and as a guest on Cardi B’s “WAP.”
veryGood! (7)
Related
- British golfer Charley Hull blames injury, not lack of cigarettes, for poor Olympic start
- CBS News Sunday Morning: By Design gets a makeover by legendary designer David Rockwell
- Joey Logano dominates NASCAR All-Star Race while Ricky Stenhouse Jr. fights Kyle Busch
- Orioles legend Cal Ripken Jr. thinks Jackson Holliday may have needed more time in the minors
- Residents worried after ceiling cracks appear following reroofing works at Jalan Tenaga HDB blocks
- 'SNL': Jake Gyllenhaal sings Boyz II Men as Colin Jost, Michael Che swap offensive jokes
- Kyle Richards Shares a Surprisingly Embarrassing Moment From Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
- Israeli War Cabinet member says he'll quit government June 8 unless new war plan is adopted
- What do we know about the mysterious drones reported flying over New Jersey?
- UFC Hall of Famer Anderson Silva books boxing match with Chael Sonnen on June 15 in Brazil
Ranking
- Report: Lauri Markkanen signs 5-year, $238 million extension with Utah Jazz
- Simone Biles wins gymnastics US Classic by a lot. Shilese Jones takes 2nd. How it happened
- Surprise! Taylor Swift gifts fans a '1989' mashup at Saturday's Stockholm Eras Tour show
- How Controversy Has Made Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Stronger Than Ever
- Romantasy reigns on spicy BookTok: Recommendations from the internet’s favorite genre
- Lainey Wilson the big winner at 2024 Academy of Country Music Awards
- Beyoncé, Radiohead and Carole King highlight Apple Music 100 Best Album entries 40-31
- Diddy admits beating ex-girlfriend Cassie, says he’s sorry, calls his actions ‘inexcusable’
Recommendation
Organizers cancel Taylor Swift concerts in Vienna over fears of an attack
OG Anunoby and Josh Hart are in the Knicks’ starting lineup for Game 7 against the Pacers
San Diego deputy who pleaded guilty to manslaughter now faces federal charges
Max Verstappen holds off Lando Norris to win Emilia Romagna Grand Prix and extend F1 lead
Skins Game to make return to Thanksgiving week with a modern look
Dow closes above 40,000 for first time, notching new milestone
Cassie's Lawyer Responds After Sean Diddy Combs' Breaks Silence on 2016 Assault Video
The true story behind 'Back to Black': How accurate is the new Amy Winehouse movie?