Current:Home > ScamsThe Bachelorette’s Devin Strader Breaks Silence on Past Legal Troubles -Capitatum
The Bachelorette’s Devin Strader Breaks Silence on Past Legal Troubles
Rekubit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-07 04:42:38
Devin Strader is speaking out after sordid allegations emerged from his past.
The Bachelorette alum, who recently ended his engagement to season 21 lead Jenn Tran, broke his silence on his reported 2017 arrest and restraining order from an unnamed ex-girlfriend.
"There have been many stories and misrepresentations put out in the media that I want to take a moment to address," his Sept. 19 Instagram Story statement said. "There have been challenges from a low point in my past that have been brought up and severely misconstrued."
Devin claimed, "The accusations are simply not true."
Per legal documents obtained by Entertainment Weekly Sept. 17, Devin was arrested for allegedly burglarizing an ex-girlfriend's Louisiana home in 2017. The outlet, citing an arrest warrant affidavit from Baton Rouge Police Department, noted that Devin’s ex told police at the time that she’d come home from being out of town to discover she’d been robbed, with a diamond necklace—gifted to her by Devin during their relationship—going missing.
According to EW, citing minutes from the East Baton Rouge Parish court, Devin’s ex dismissed the protective order, without prejudice, and "both parties agreed to a Title 3601 stay away order."
In Devin’s Sept. 19 post, he addressed accusations about his past behavior.
"I have never inappropriately laid hands on another individual or treated my ex-girlfriend in any of the ways I have been depicted," he continued. "That restraining order was never granted, and fully dismissed."
The 28-year-old went on to say that he and his "college ex-girlfriend" would up "reconciling" before they "eventually ended" their relationship "on good terms." He added that he "learned a lot" from the relationship, calling it a "growing experience for both" of them.
As for how the allegations against Devin weren’t flagged as part of The Bachelorette's background check process? A production source told E! News that the restraining order against him hadn't previously been uncovered.
"We take the safety of our contestants very seriously and make every effort to conduct thorough diligence," the source shared Sept. 17. "As exhaustive as our vetting process is, this protective order did not surface in our searches."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (46395)
Related
- Connie Chiume, Black Panther Actress, Dead at 72: Lupita Nyong'o and More Pay Tribute
- Bipartisan Wisconsin Elections Commission unanimously chooses Democrat as chair for 2 years
- Ian McKellen on if he'd return as Gandalf in new 'Lord of the Rings' movie: 'If I'm alive'
- Kyle Richards Shares What She’d Pack for a Real Housewives Trip & Her Favorite Matching Sets
- Immigration issues sorted, Guatemala runner Luis Grijalva can now focus solely on sports
- $1,000 in this Vanguard ETF incurs a mere $1 annual fee, and it has beaten the S&P in 2024
- Comfortable & Stylish Summer Dresses That You Can Wear to Work
- Dan Hurley staying at Connecticut after meeting with Los Angeles Lakers about move to NBA
- Brianna LaPaglia Reveals The Meaning Behind Her "Chickenfry" Nickname
- Maren Morris Shares She’s Bisexual in Pride Month Message
Ranking
- Former Milwaukee hotel workers charged with murder after video shows them holding down Black man
- Revolve Sale Alert: Up to 82% Off Under-$100 Styles from Nike, WeWoreWhat, BÉIS & More
- Baltimore shipping channel fully reopens after bridge collapse
- New Hampshire election chief gives update on efforts to boost voter confidence
- Clay Aiken's son Parker, 15, makes his TV debut, looks like his father's twin
- Key witness who says he bribed Bob Menendez continues testifying in New Jersey senator's trial
- Dalton Gomez, Ariana Grande's ex-husband, goes Instagram official with Maika Monroe
- Dining out less but wearing more jewelry: How inflation is changing the way shoppers spend
Recommendation
Intel's stock did something it hasn't done since 2022
Caitlin Clark speaks out after Paris Olympics roster snub: Just gives you something to work for
$1,000 in this Vanguard ETF incurs a mere $1 annual fee, and it has beaten the S&P in 2024
Princess Diana's Brother Charles Spencer and His Wife Karen Break Up After 13 Years of Marriage
Small twin
Ursula K. Le Guin’s home will become a writers residency
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Selling Their Los Angeles Home Amid Breakup Rumors
Young person accused of shooting at pride flag, shattering window with BB gun in Oregon