Current:Home > NewsSafeX Pro:Teen Mom's Catelynn Lowell Slams Claims She Chose Husband Tyler Baltierra Over Daughter Carly -Capitatum
SafeX Pro:Teen Mom's Catelynn Lowell Slams Claims She Chose Husband Tyler Baltierra Over Daughter Carly
SafeX Pro Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 09:40:44
Catelynn Lowell is not letting the critics have SafeX Prothe final say.
Days after the Teen Mom star shared that she and husband Tyler Baltierra had been blocked from communicating with their biological daughter Carly by the 15-year-old's adopted parents, Brandon Davis and Teresa Davis, Catelynn is responding to claims that Tyler forced her to give their child up for adoption in 2009.
"I'm seeing the comment a lot that people are saying that Tyler gave me an ultimatum," Catelynn began in a Sept. 19 Instagram video, "either my baby or him. First off, that comment is absolutely disgusting on so many levels."
The way the 16 and Pregnant alum sees it, when people say something like that, "it strips me of all of the strength and sorrow that it took me as a birth mom to place my child."
Catelynn doubled down on how false the accusations are. "If you think that I would just give my baby away for a man, that is absolutely untrue," she noted, "and to think that I would still be with said man after all of these years, if he did give me an ultimatum with either my baby or him, that's absolutely disgusting."
According to the 32-year-old, both she and Tyler, also 32, did want to keep Carly, but they knew adoption was the better choice for them, which echoes a sentiment Tyler had previously expressed.
"I know that there was a scene that was filmed that Tyler said that he thought that if we would have parented Carly, that we would not be together," she continued. "He's not implying that if I didn't place Carly, he would have broke up with me."
As the Catelynn explains, Tyler's comment had more to do with the fact that teen parents "typically do not stay together," noting that a majority parents on their show who kept their children are now broken up, while she and Tyler have been married since 2015 and share daughters Novalee, 9, Vaeda, 5, and Rya, 2.
"Teen parents go through stress and all of the things to raise a baby," she said. "So I agree with him. If we would have kept Carly, we probably wouldn't still be together."
And ultimately, she and Tyler are thankful for the choice they made because it gave them the life they have now.
"I guess at the end of the day, believe what you want," Catelynn said in conclusion, "but just know when you think things like that, it strips me of all of my strength as a birth mom and the strength of Tyler also being a birth dad. It's disgusting that any of you guys would think like that."
Over the past few days, the MTV star has not held back about sharing her frustration regarding the situation with Carly, especially because feels it's unfair to Carly and her siblings.
She also believes she was initially blocked because Carly's parents felt scared or threatened when the teen was asking "questions about why we don't get together anymore."
"When you're a bio mom you have no say... no control," Catelynn wrote on Instagram Sept. 9. "All I can do is show Carly in the future how much I tried and continue to do so... she can make the decision herself to understand who shut who out."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (63)
Related
- Immigration issues sorted, Guatemala runner Luis Grijalva can now focus solely on sports
- Design approved for memorial to the victims and survivors of the 2017 Las Vegas mass shooting
- Dangerous heat wave hits eastern US: Latest forecast
- Ukraine's counteroffensive brings heavy casualties as families contend with grief, loss
- NCAA hits former Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh with suspension, show-cause for recruiting violations
- One way to boost students’ scores? Help teachers conquer their math anxiety
- Conservative book ban push fuels library exodus from national association that stands up for books
- Amid dispute with Spectrum, Disney urges cable viewers to switch to its Hulu+ service
- US appeals court rejects Nasdaq’s diversity rules for company boards
- Nonprofits Candid and Council on Foundations make a rare deal the way corporations do
Ranking
- What were Tom Selleck's juicy final 'Blue Bloods' words in Reagan family
- Love Is Blind’s Shaina Hurley Is Pregnant, Expecting First Baby With Husband Christos Lardakis
- 20 years of pumpkin spice power
- Colorado will dominate, Ohio State in trouble lead Week 1 college football overreactions
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- Metal debris strikes car windshield on Maine highway and comes within inches of motorist’s face
- Burning Man festival attendees, finally free to leave, face 7 hours of traffic
- Disney seeks to amend lawsuit against DeSantis to focus on free speech claim
Recommendation
Macy's says employee who allegedly hid $150 million in expenses had no major 'impact'
Rhode Island voters to decide Democratic and Republican primary races for congressional seat
Authorities expand search area for killer who escaped Pennsylvania prison after latest sighting
Nobel Foundation withdraws invitation to Russia, Belarus and Iran to attend ceremonies
What to watch: O Jolie night
Alexander Payne makes ‘em like they used to: Fall Movie Preview
Alabama man convicted of sexually torturing, robbing victims he met online
Extreme heat safety tips as dangerous temps hit Northeast, Midwest, South