Current:Home > ScamsHow Prince William Supported Kate Middleton Amid Cancer Diagnosis -Capitatum
How Prince William Supported Kate Middleton Amid Cancer Diagnosis
Rekubit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-07 00:02:23
Kate Middleton is opening up about her loved ones amid her health journey.
After sharing that she had been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy treatment, the Princess of Wales reflected on Prince William's support during this difficult time.
"It has been an incredibly tough couple of months for our entire family," Kate said in a video message March 22. "Having William by my side is a great source of comfort and reassurance."
Kate—who shares kids Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 5, with William—went on to explain that her abdominal surgery in January was thought to be non-cancerous. And after a successful surgery, tests found that cancer had been present.
"This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family," she explained. "As you can imagine, this has taken time."
She emphasized that recovering from her surgery to begin chemotherapy was crucial, but so was speaking with their kids about her condition.
"It has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be ok," the 42-year-old continued. "As I have said to them; I am well and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal; in my mind, body and spirits."
Kate shared gratitude for the outpouring of love and support amid her health journey, but she also asked for privacy as she recovers.
"We hope that you will understand that," she continued, "as a family, we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment."
Keep reading for more royal news from around the world in 2024.
In a March 22 video message, the Princess of Wales shared that she'd been diagnosed with cancer after undergoing abdominal surgery in January.
"It was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful," she said before noting that tests after the operation found cancer had been present. "My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment."
After photo agencies pulled the picture Kensington Palace shared of Kate since having her abdominal surgery on March 10, the Princess of Wales addressed claims the photo was doctored.
"Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing," she tweeted on March 11. "I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother's Day. C."
Princess Diana's niece celebrated Mother's Day in the U.K. by sharing she and her husband Michael Lewis privately welcomed their first baby.
“It’s the joy of my life to be your mummy, little one. I love you unconditionally," she captioned her March 10 Instagram post. "Happy Mother’s Day to those who celebrate today."
After keeping up her full slate of engagements in the wake of her husband's cancer diagnosis, the palace cleared Camilla's schedule.
The Times pointed out March 2 that the 76-year-old didn't have any engagements on her calendar until March 11, when she'd be due at Westminster Abbey to observe Commonwealth Day.
The husband of Lady Gabriella Windsor and ex-boyfriend of Pippa Middleton, was found dead Feb. 25. Days later, a coroner's inquest found that he died by suicide.
While King Charles III was in the hospital for his benign prostate enlargement procedure, the royal family member was diagnosed with cancer.
"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties," Buckingham Palace said Feb. 5. "Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible."
The Duchess of York's rep said in a statement on Jan. 21 that Sarah was recently diagnosed with malignant melanoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer. Several months prior, she underwent a single mastectomy to treat breast cancer.
On Jan. 14, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark made history as she officially abdicated the throne, handing the crown over to her son, now known as King Frederik the 10th.
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate Middleton underwent planned abdominal surgery and was set to remain in the hospital for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice," the Palace said, "she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."
Amid Kate's recovery, Prince William postponed a number of engagements as he supported his family, including the couple's three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Shortly after Kate's hospitalization was made public, Buckingham Palace shared that Charles "has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate."
"His Majesty's condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure," the statement added. "The King’s public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation."
Princess Claire and Prince Felix of Luxembourg welcomed son Balthazar Felix Karl on Jan. 7, the first royal baby of the New Year!
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (35986)
Related
- Which apps offer encrypted messaging? How to switch and what to know after feds’ warning
- More Black and Latina women are leading unions - and transforming how they work
- Minnesota man arrested after allegedly threatening to ‘shoot up’ synagogue
- Kieran Culkin ribs Jesse Eisenberg for being 'unfamiliar' with his work before casting him
- Jury finds man guilty of sending 17-year-old son to rob and kill rapper PnB Rock
- Chicago mayor names new school board after entire panel resigns amid a fight over district control
- Dave Hobson, Ohio congressman who backed D-Day museum, has died at 87
- Authorities are investigating after a Frontier Airlines plane lands with fire in one engine
- Selena Gomez's "Weird Uncles" Steve Martin and Martin Short React to Her Engagement
- A Michigan Senate candidate aims to achieve what no Republican has done in three decades
Ranking
- 2024 Olympics: Gymnast Ana Barbosu Taking Social Media Break After Scoring Controversy
- Matthew Broderick Says He Turned Down SATC Role as the Premature Ejaculator
- Miss Teen Rodeo Kansas Emma Brungardt Dead at 19 After Car Crash
- Milton to become a major hurricane Monday as it heads for Florida | The Excerpt
- Macy's says employee who allegedly hid $150 million in expenses had no major 'impact'
- Kansas City small businesses thank Taylor Swift for economic boom: 'She changed our lives'
- Erin Foster’s Dad David Foster Has Priceless to Reaction to Her Show Nobody Wants This
- Awaiting Promised Support From the West, Indonesia Proceeds With Its Ambitious Energy Transition
Recommendation
$1 Frostys: Wendy's celebrates end of summer with sweet deal
Cissy Houston, Whitney Houston’s mother and a Grammy-winning singer, dies at 91
Inside Daisy Kelliher and Gary King's Tense BDSY Reunion—And Where They Stand Today
Billie Eilish setlist: See the songs she's playing on her flashy Hit Me Hard and Soft tour
Opinion: Gianni Infantino, FIFA sell souls and 2034 World Cup for Saudi Arabia's billions
Madonna’s brother, Christopher Ciccone, has died at 63
Why Teresa Giudice Is Slamming Fake Heiress Anna Delvey
Powerball winning numbers for October 5: Jackpot rises to $295 million