Current:Home > reviewsHornets’ Miles Bridges turns himself in after arrest warrant issued over protection order -Capitatum
Hornets’ Miles Bridges turns himself in after arrest warrant issued over protection order
Benjamin Ashford View
Date:2025-04-06 23:53:31
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Charlotte Hornets forward Miles Bridges turned himself in on Friday after an arrest warrant was issued for an alleged protection order violation stemming from a domestic violence case last year.
Bridges turned himself in early in the morning in Lincoln County, a suburb of Charlotte. He was accompanied by his attorney, according to Larry Seagle, the public information officer for the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
Bridges appeared before a district court judge and was released on $1,000 bond.
The 25-year-old Bridges had been in Washington, D.C., on Thursday night as the Hornets played the Wizards in a preseason game, according to a team spokesman. Bridges did not play because he is suspended by the league.
The warrant had originally been issued on Jan. 2, but had not previously been served. No details have been made available.
Bridges is also set to be served a criminal summons for an Oct. 6 allegation of violating a protection order, misdemeanor child abuse and injury to personal property.
That criminal summons had not yet been served as of Friday morning, per court documents.
Bridges is currently serving three years of probation after pleading no contest in exchange for no jail time in the June 2022 domestic violence case involving the mother of his two children, who accused Bridges of assaulting her in front of the children. It was ruled that he must adhere to a 10-year criminal protection order for the woman, weekly narcotics and marijuana testing, and restitution, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office.
The AP does not normally identify alleged victims unless they have granted permission for their name to be used.
Bridges is currently serving a 10-game suspension from the NBA to begin the season. It remains to be seen if Bridges could face further discipline from the league.
Messages left for Bridges’ attorney were not immediately returned.
The NBA and the Hornets have both said they are looking into the situation and gathering more information.
___
AP NBA: https://apnews.com/hub/nba
veryGood! (75313)
Related
- Elon Musk’s Daughter Vivian Calls Him “Absolutely Pathetic” and a “Serial Adulterer”
- Maryland Lawmakers Remain Uncommitted to Ending Subsidies for Trash Incineration, Prompting Advocate Concern
- Messi the celebrity dog made it to the Oscars. Here’s how the show pulled off his (clapping) cameo
- New lawsuit possible, lawyer says, after Trump renews attack on writer who won $83.3 million award
- Meta donates $1 million to Trump’s inauguration fund
- Kelly Rizzo Reacts to Criticism About Moving On “So Fast” After Bob Saget’s Death
- Where is Princess Kate? Timeline of what to know about the royal amid surgery, photo drama
- Burns, baby, Burns: New York Giants swing trade for Carolina Panthers star Brian Burns
- The Daily Money: Disney+ wants your dollars
- Louisiana lawmakers set out on a clear path for conservative priorities
Ranking
- 'Survivor' 47 finale, part one recap: 2 players were sent home. Who's left in the game?
- Across the Nation, Lawmakers Aim to Ban Lab-Grown Meat
- After deadly Highway 95 crash in Wisconsin, bystander rescues toddler from wreckage
- 2 dogs die during 1,000-mile Iditarod, prompting call from PETA to end the race across Alaska
- 'As foretold in the prophecy': Elon Musk and internet react as Tesla stock hits $420 all
- Confidentiality pact deepens mystery of how bakery clause got into California minimum wage law
- Man bitten by a crocodile after falling off his boat at a Florida Everglades marina
- 2 months after school shooting, Iowa town is losing its largest employer as pork plant closes
Recommendation
Oklahoma parole board recommends governor spare the life of man on death row
Can you get pregnant with an IUD? It's unlikely but not impossible. Here's what you need to know.
F1 Arcade set to open first U.S. location in Boston; Washington, D.C. to follow
JoJo Siwa Warns Fans of Adult Content and Sexual Themes in New Project
Jury selection set for Monday for ex-politician accused of killing Las Vegas investigative reporter
Connecticut woman accused of killing husband and hiding his body pleads guilty to manslaughter
Cincinnati Bengals releasing Pro Bowl RB Joe Mixon, will sign Zack Moss, per reports
Below Deck's Fraser Olender Is Ready to Fire This Crewmember in Tense Sneak Peek