Current:Home > ContactCharles H. Sloan-King Charles III discharged days after procedure for enlarged prostate -Capitatum
Charles H. Sloan-King Charles III discharged days after procedure for enlarged prostate
EchoSense View
Date:2025-04-07 03:08:14
King Charles III was discharged from the hospital on Charles H. SloanMonday afternoon after undergoing a procedure for an enlarged prostate, according to the palace.
Amid his return home, Buckingham Palace says Charles has "rescheduled forthcoming public engagements to allow for a period of private recuperation."
"His Majesty would like to thank the medical team and all those involved in supporting his hospital visit, and is grateful for all the kind messages he has received in recent days," the statement added.
King Charles, 75, was admitted to a London hospital Friday for the scheduled treatment, the palace said.
"His Majesty would like to thank all those who have sent their good wishes over the past week and is delighted to learn that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on public health awareness," the palace said at the time.
On. Jan 17, the palace said King Charles would seek treatment for a "corrective procedure" that is "in common with thousands of men each year."
The king's condition is "benign," the palace said, but public engagements would be postponed for a brief period of rest as he heals from the procedure, and timing of the announcement could be seen as explaining King Charles' absence. Foreign dignitaries and members of the Cabinet had been due to travel to Dumfries House in Scotland.
Princess Kate returns homeafter abdominal surgery, 'is making good progress,' palace says
Princess Kate returns home after 'planned abdominal surgery'
On Monday it was also announced that King Charles' daughter-in-law Princess Kate has returned home nearly two weeks after she was admitted to the hospital for a "planned abdominal surgery."
The Princess of Wales, 42, is back at the royal's home in Windsor to continue her recovery. "She is making good progress," Kensington Palace said in a statement Monday.
"The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided," the statement continued. "The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world."
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate underwent a "successful" surgery on Jan. 16 and was expected to remain hospitalized for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice, she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter," according to the statement.
Previous:King Charles admitted to London hospital following enlarged prostate diagnosis
Kate asked for privacy amid her recovery. "She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible; and her wish that her personal medical information remains private."
The Princess of Wales and husband Prince William share three kids: Prince George, 10; Princess Charlotte, 8; and Prince Louis, 5.
The palace apologized to all those affected by Kate's postponed engagements. "She looks forward to reinstating as many as possible, as soon as possible," the statement concluded.
The British royals typically maintain a robust schedule of public engagements for their various charities and personal family outings such as their yearly Easter church service at St. George's Chapel.
Contributing: Jay Stahl, Brendan Morrow, Taijuan Moorman, USA TODAY; The Associated Press
veryGood! (7)
Related
- The FTC says 'gamified' online job scams by WhatsApp and text on the rise. What to know.
- Global Red Cross suspends Belarus chapter after its chief boasted of bringing in Ukrainian children
- A new solar system has been found in the Milky Way. All 6 planets are perfectly in-sync, astronomers say.
- Philippine troops kill 11 Islamic militants in one of bloodiest anti-insurgency offensives this year
- How to watch new prequel series 'Dexter: Original Sin': Premiere date, cast, streaming
- John McEnroe to play tennis on the Serengeti despite bloody conflict over beautiful land
- Why are we so bummed about the economy?
- The Taliban’s new ambassador to China arrives in Beijing as they court foreign investment
- Mega Millions winning numbers for August 6 drawing: Jackpot climbs to $398 million
- UN ends political mission in Sudan, where world hasn’t been able to stop bloodshed
Ranking
- Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear ready to campaign for Harris-Walz after losing out for spot on the ticket
- Insulin users beware: your Medicare drug plan may drop your insulin. What it means for you
- California cities and farms will get 10% of requested state water supplies when 2024 begins
- Harmful ‘forever chemicals’ found in freshwater fish, yet most states don’t warn residents
- Mega Millions winning numbers for August 6 drawing: Jackpot climbs to $398 million
- Authorities in Haiti question former rebel leader Guy Philippe after the US repatriated him
- Former Memphis officer charged in Tyre Nichols’ death had some violations in prior prison guard job
- Biden campaign rips Trump's health care policies in new ad
Recommendation
Meta releases AI model to enhance Metaverse experience
The surfing venue for the Paris Olympics is on the other side of the world but could steal the show
Madagascar’s top court ratifies president’s reelection in vote boycotted by opposition
At least 12 people are missing after heavy rain triggers a landslide and flash floods in Indonesia
Golf's No. 1 Nelly Korda looking to regain her form – and her spot on the Olympic podium
Pentagon forges new high-tech agreement with Australia, United Kingdom, aimed at countering China
Mississippi sheriff changes policies after violent abuse. Victims say it’s to escape accountability
A Kansas woman died in an apartment fire. Her family blames the 911 dispatch center’s mistakes