Current:Home > InvestSean "Diddy" Combs Denies "Sickening" and "Awful" Assault Allegations -Capitatum
Sean "Diddy" Combs Denies "Sickening" and "Awful" Assault Allegations
PredictIQ View
Date:2025-04-06 08:07:19
Content warning: This story discusses sexual assault.
Sean "Diddy" Combs is speaking out against assault allegations being made against him.
"For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy," he wrote on Instagram Dec. 6. "Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday."
"Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged," Diddy continued. "I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth."
In recent weeks, the rapper has been named in several lawsuits, including one filed on Nov. 16 by his ex-girlfriend Cassie, who accused him of rape and abuse.
"After years in silence and darkness, I am finally ready to tell my story, and to speak up on behalf of myself and for the benefit of other women who face violence and abuse in their relationships," the singer—legal name is Cassandra Ventura—told NBC News at the time. "With the expiration of New York's Adult Survivors Act fast approaching, it became clear that this was an opportunity to speak up about the trauma I have experienced and that I will be recovering from for the rest of my life."
Diddy's attorney previously denied the accusations on his behalf, calling Cassie's allegations "outrageous."
On Nov. 17, a day after her filing, Cassie—who dated Diddy on and off for nearly a decade—confirmed that they'd reached a settlement.
"I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control," Cassie said in a statement via NBC News. "I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support."
Diddy, meanwhile, also shared in his own statement that he wished Cassie and her family "all the best."
In late November, Diddy was named in two more lawsuits by women who claimed he assaulted them, allegations which he denied via his spokesperson.
A fourth misconduct lawsuit, obtained by the New York Times, was filed against Diddy on Dec. 6, shortly before he posted his Instagram message denying any wrongdoing.
Per the outlet, the fourth suit was filed by an unnamed woman who says Diddy and "two other men gang-raped her in a New York recording studio" 2003, when the woman was 17.
For free, confidential help, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or visit rainn.org.veryGood! (2475)
Related
- Jury selection set for Monday for ex-politician accused of killing Las Vegas investigative reporter
- Watch as dust storm that caused 20-car pileup whips through central California
- Horoscopes Today, November 12, 2024
- Man Found Dead in Tanning Bed at Planet Fitness Gym After 3 Days
- The White House is cracking down on overdraft fees
- My Chemical Romance will perform 'The Black Parade' in full during 2025 tour: See dates
- Roster limits in college small sports put athletes on chopping block while coaches look for answers
- Georgia public universities and colleges see enrollment rise by 6%
- Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie return for an 'Encore,' reminisce about 'The Simple Life'
- Wreck of Navy destroyer USS Edsall known as 'the dancing mouse' found 80 years after sinking
Ranking
- Elon Musk’s Daughter Vivian Calls Him “Absolutely Pathetic” and a “Serial Adulterer”
- College Football Playoff snubs: Georgia among teams with beef after second rankings
- Tony Hinchcliffe refuses to apologize after calling Puerto Rico 'garbage' at Trump rally
- Horoscopes Today, November 12, 2024
- RFK Jr. closer to getting on New Jersey ballot after judge rules he didn’t violate ‘sore loser’ law
- 'I know how to do math': New Red Lobster CEO says endless shrimp deal is not coming back
- 'Yellowstone' premiere: Record ratings, Rip's ride and Billy Klapper's tribute
- Georgia public universities and colleges see enrollment rise by 6%
Recommendation
Rylee Arnold Shares a Long
13 Skincare Gifts Under $50 That Are Actually Worth It
As the transition unfolds, Trump eyes one of his favorite targets: US intelligence
13 escaped monkeys still on the loose in South Carolina after 30 were recaptured
Travis Hunter, the 2
Tom Brady Admits He Screwed Up as a Dad to Kids With Bridget Moynahan and Gisele Bündchen
Residents urged to shelter in place after apparent explosion at Louisville business
Over 1.4 million Honda, Acura vehicles subject of US probe over potential engine failure