Current:Home > NewsPrince William and Kate Middleton Share Touching Letter to Widow After Husband Dies From Cancer Battle -Capitatum
Prince William and Kate Middleton Share Touching Letter to Widow After Husband Dies From Cancer Battle
FinLogic FinLogic Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 06:14:28
Prince William and Kate Middleton are expressing their condolences.
After the death of 47-year-old Welsh pizza seller Peter Morris, who met the Prince and Princess of Wales during their visit to his Little Dragon Pizza Van last year, the duo sent his wife, Tracey, a thoughtful letter, E! News confirmed.
“I wanted to write to express how terribly sorry Catherine and I were to hear the very sad news about your husband, Pete, and to send you our deepest sympathies,” Prince William wrote in the letter, per The Sun, produced on Kensington Palace stationary. “We can only begin to imagine what an immense hole he will leave in your life, and my heart goes out to you and your family. Catherine and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Pete.”
And the 42-year-old—who shares kids Prince George, 11, Princess Charlotte, 9, and Prince Louis, 6, with Kate—stressed the impact that Peter had through his business.
“We know that Pete was a hugely dedicated and highly valued member of the community which has been evident from the response to his passing,” William continued. “I hope you can draw comfort from the knowledge of the impact he has had on so many people.”
While acknowledging that the letter on behalf of his family could only offer so much support, William concluded, “I did want you to know just how much you and your family are in our thoughts at such a difficult time.”
And Tracey, 40, who shares an 8-year-old and a 5-year-old daughter with her late husband, expressed how much the gesture meant to her family.
“It came as a massive surprise,” she told The Sun in an interview published Aug. 13, adding she planned to frame the note. “I don’t even know how they found out Pete had died. We had so many letters from people who loved Pete but the one from William and Kate was very special.”
Peter—who opened his business in 2016—had previously met the royal family members after the couple purchased 12 pizzas to bring to the Central Beacons Mountain Rescue Team in April 2023, while visiting Brecon Beacons National Park, per the BBC.
And the moment meant a lot for the late entrepreneur, who told People at the time, “Making pizza for the future king and queen is surreal."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (33)
Related
- Carolinas bracing for second landfall from Tropical Storm Debby: Live updates
- Record number of Americans are homeless amid nationwide surge in rent, report finds
- Record number of Americans are homeless amid nationwide surge in rent, report finds
- How Taiwan beat back disinformation and preserved the integrity of its election
- IOC's decision to separate speed climbing from other disciplines paying off
- Shop Free People’s Fire Hot Sale With up to 70% off and Deals Starting at Under $20
- This state is quickly becoming America's clean energy paradise. Here's how it's happening.
- Jay Leno Files for Conservatorship Over Wife Mavis Leno's Estate
- Google unveils a quantum chip. Could it help unlock the universe's deepest secrets?
- Hiker dies of suspected heart attack in Utah’s Zion National Park, authorities say
Ranking
- Google unveils a quantum chip. Could it help unlock the universe's deepest secrets?
- Ukraine says corrupt officials stole $40 million meant to buy arms for the war with Russia
- South Carolina deputy fatally shoots man after disturbance call
- Motor City awash in 'Honolulu Blue' as Lions spark a magical moment in Detroit history
- Vance jokes he’s checking out his future VP plane while overlapping with Harris at Wisconsin airport
- Q&A: How YouTube Climate Denialism Is Morphing
- 2 masked assailants attach a church in Istanbul and kill 1 person
- Zebras, camels and flames, oh my! Circus animals rescued after truck catches fire on Indiana highway
Recommendation
Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear ready to campaign for Harris-Walz after losing out for spot on the ticket
Science sleuths are using technology to find fakery in published research
Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin expected to return to Pentagon Monday for first time since hospitalization
Michigan case offers an example of how public trust suffers when police officers lie
The Daily Money: Disney+ wants your dollars
What women's college basketball games are on this weekend? The five best to watch
What women's college basketball games are on this weekend? The five best to watch
A trial in Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay’s 2002 killing is starting, and testing his anti-drug image