Current:Home > NewsEvery WNBA team to begin using charter flights by May 21 -Capitatum
Every WNBA team to begin using charter flights by May 21
Fastexy View
Date:2025-04-07 07:17:42
Every WNBA team will start using charter flights to travel to games by May 21.
The league made the announcement Thursday, following through on plans to commit $50 million over the next two years to provide full-time charter flight service for its teams during the season.
“As the league previously announced, we would be phasing in the program at the start of the season and can share that beginning May 21 all teams will be flying charter to games,” the WNBA said.
The move addresses years of player safety concerns and means the players no longer have to deal with long security lines. It comes at a time when the league’s popularity has grown to all-time highs, boosted by the arrival of Caitlin Clark and other well-known rookies like Angel Reese and Cameron Brink.
Clark helped the NCAA reach its best viewership in history for women’s basketball, with nearly 19 million fans watching the title game between Iowa and South Carolina.
___
AP WNBA: https://apnews.com/hub/wnba-basketball
veryGood! (214)
Related
- JoJo Siwa reflects on Candace Cameron Bure feud: 'If I saw her, I would not say hi'
- Tom Hanks Warns Fans Not to Be Swindled by Wonder Drug Scheme Using His Image
- The Prime Show: All bling, no bang once again as Colorado struggles past North Dakota State
- Maui judge agrees to ask state Supreme Court about barriers to $4B wildfire settlement
- Civic engagement nonprofits say democracy needs support in between big elections. Do funders agree?
- Ancient mosaic of Hercules nets man prison term for illegal import from Syria
- A former slave taught Jack Daniel to make whiskey. Now his company is retreating from DEI.
- Ex-election workers want Rudy Giuliani’s apartment, Yankees rings in push to collect $148M judgment
- Man can't find second winning lottery ticket, sues over $394 million jackpot, lawsuit says
- Federal Reserve’s favored inflation gauge shows price pressures easing as rate cuts near
Ranking
- Jorge Ramos reveals his final day with 'Noticiero Univision': 'It's been quite a ride'
- Michigan's Sherrone Moore among college football coaches without a signed contract
- Target's viral Lewis the Pumpkin Ghoul is sneaking into stores, but won't likely lurk long
- Court stops Pennsylvania counties from throwing out mail-in votes over incorrect envelope dates
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Sweet Notes From Nieces Dream Kardashian & Chicago West
- The Prime Show: All bling, no bang once again as Colorado struggles past North Dakota State
- Brazil blocks Musk’s X after company refuses to name local representative amid feud with judge
- Serve your Labor Day burgers with a skirt of crispy cheese
Recommendation
American news website Axios laying off dozens of employees
Priceless Ford 1979 Probe I concept car destroyed in fire leaving Pebble Beach Concours
Angelina Jolie Shares Perspective on Relationships After Being “Betrayed a Lot”
Winners and losers of the Brandon Aiyuk contract extension
Report: Lauri Markkanen signs 5-year, $238 million extension with Utah Jazz
Olympian Ryan Lochte Shows 10-Month Recovery After Car Accident Broke His Femur in Half
AP Decision Notes: What to expect in the Massachusetts state primaries
Nikki Garcia's Rep Speaks Out After Husband Artem Chigvintsev's Domestic Violence Arrest