Current:Home > NewsIndexbit Exchange:Cam Newton apologizes for fight at Georgia youth football camp: 'There's no excuse' -Capitatum
Indexbit Exchange:Cam Newton apologizes for fight at Georgia youth football camp: 'There's no excuse'
NovaQuant View
Date:2025-04-05 19:28:21
Former NFL quarterback Cam Newton said "there's no excuse" for his behavior during a fight at a 7-on-7 youth football tournament and apologized for his actions.
A video surfaced on Indexbit ExchangeSunday showing Newton being surrounded by three people, with pushing and shoving and Newton attempting to throw the men off him. The fight started under a tent and ended up in a grassy area next to a fence.
The fight was eventually broken up by security personnel at the event.
Newton, the 2015 NFL MVP, commented on the fight at the end of his YouTube show 4th & 1 with Cam Newton, which was posted Friday.
“To every single high school player, to every single person I’ve influenced, to every single athlete—use my situation as a way to understand, that in one moment and one decision, your life can change. Just like that,” Newton said. “And I let my emotions get the best of me, and it should not have been called for. Simple.
NFL STATS CENTRAL: The latest NFL scores, schedules, odds, stats and more.
“And with that, I apologize to anybody affected—that’s Steph, that’s TJ, that’s their organization, that’s C1N, my organization, that’s my players, my parents, my staff members.”
TJ and Steph Brown were the coaches involved in the fight, who had previously worked for Newton. They apologized for their role in the fight earlier this week.
Newton said he wanted to be an example to younger people and said the fight could have escalated even further.
"I can't sit up there and say, 'hey, bro, you gotta be bigger than that' and then all of a sudden I do that -- and that just goes to show you you've got to always stay in control of your emotions," Newton said.
veryGood! (82577)
Related
- 51-year-old Andy Macdonald puts on Tony Hawk-approved Olympic skateboard showing
- These numbers show the staggering toll of the Israel-Hamas war
- Eagles' signature 'tush push' is the play that NFL has no answer for
- Activists slam Malaysia’s solidarity program for Palestinians after children seen toting toy guns
- Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow owns a $3 million Batmobile Tumbler
- How law enforcement solved the case of a killer dressed as a clown
- Inmate suspected in prison attack on Kristin Smart’s killer previously murdered ‘I-5 Strangler’
- How to grow facial hair: Tips from a dermatologist
- Who's hosting 'Saturday Night Live' tonight? Musical guest, how to watch Dec. 14 episode
- Britney Spears reveals in new memoir why she went along with conservatorship: One very good reason
Ranking
- Realtor group picks top 10 housing hot spots for 2025: Did your city make the list?
- Taylor Swift Slams Sexualization of Her Female Friendships in 1989 (Taylor's Version) Prologue
- Mass arrests target LGBTQ+ people in Nigeria while abuses against them are ignored, activists say
- Mainers See Climate Promise in Ballot Initiative to Create a Statewide Nonprofit Electric Utility
- Boy who wandered away from his 5th birthday party found dead in canal, police say
- Maine city councilor's son died trying to stop mass shooting suspect with a butcher knife, father says
- Q&A: Rich and Poor Nations Have One More Chance to Come to Terms Over a Climate Change ‘Loss and Damage’ Fund
- New York City sets up office to give migrants one-way tickets out of town
Recommendation
Kehlani Responds to Hurtful Accusation She’s in a Cult
Rep. George Santos pleads not guilty to fraud charges, trial set for September 2024
Canadian fishing boat rescues American fisherman from missing vessel based in Washington state
Kyler Murray is 'fully healthy,' coach says. When will Arizona Cardinals QB play next?
Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Hi Hi!
Rep. George Santos pleads not guilty to fraud charges, trial set for September 2024
Republican moves ahead with effort to expel George Santos from House
Belarus leader asks Hungary’s Orban to visit and seeks a dialogue with EU amid country’s isolation