Current:Home > reviewsJohnathan Walker:Lawsuit accuses actor Jamie Foxx of New York City sexual assault in 2015 -Capitatum
Johnathan Walker:Lawsuit accuses actor Jamie Foxx of New York City sexual assault in 2015
Poinbank Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 07:57:49
A woman has alleged in a lawsuit that actor,Johnathan Walker singer and comedian Jamie Foxx sexually assaulted her at a rooftop bar in New York in 2015, an incident the actor says "never happened."
The lawsuit filed Wednesday in state Supreme Court in Manhattan by a woman known in the documents only as Jane Doe alleges that Foxx rubbed her breasts and groped her under her pants against her will.
The suit says she and a friend were seated at a table next to Foxx's at Catch NYC in 2015. The woman's asked Foxx for a photo, and the two women took several pictures with him, the suit says. It says that afterward, he began complimenting her "super model body" and told her she looked like the actor Gabrielle Union.
He then grabbed her by the arm and took her to a secluded area, where he put both hands under her crop top and felt her breasts, the suits says. She tried to pull away from Foxx as he reached into her pants with his hands and touched her genitals, the suit also alleges.
When the woman's friend found them, he stopped and the women walked away, the suit says.
In a statement provided to CBS News Thursday, a spokesperson for Foxx said "the alleged incident never happened."
"In 2020, this individual filed a nearly identical lawsuit in Brooklyn," the statement read. "That case was dismissed shortly thereafter. The claims are no more viable today than they were then. We are confident they will be dismissed again. And once they are, Mr. Foxx intends to pursue a claim for malicious prosecution against this person and her attorneys for re-filing this frivolous action."
The woman is seeking damages to be determined at trial, the suit says.
The lawsuit was one of many filed this week under a temporary New York law, the Adult Survivors Act, that allows adult victims to sue over alleged sexual attacks that previously would have been outside the statute of limitations. The law expired after Thursday.
Rapper and entrepreneur Sean "Diddy" Combs was sued last week in federal court by singer Singer Casandra Ventura, who performs under the name Cassie, accusing Combs of rape and physical abuse during their relationship, which lasted from about 2007 to 2018.
The two sides reached a settlement one day after the lawsuit was filed.
The Associated Press does not typically name people who say they have been sexually abused unless they come forward publicly.
- In:
- Lawsuit
- Jamie Foxx
- Sexual Assault
- New York City
veryGood! (93721)
Related
- Federal appeals court upholds $14.25 million fine against Exxon for pollution in Texas
- Jason Kelce Defends Brother Travis Kelce Amid Criticism of NFL Season
- Kim Porter's children with Diddy call out 'horrific' conspiracy theories about her death
- Aaron Hernandez ‘American Sports Story’ series wants to show a different view of the disgraced NFLer
- Taylor Swift makes surprise visit to Kansas City children’s hospital
- Wisconsin mayor carts away absentee ballot drop box, says he did nothing wrong
- Alabama police officers on leave following the fatal shooting of a 68-year-old man
- Oklahoma Gov. Stitt returns to work after getting stent in blocked artery
- Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
- Yes, we started our Halloween shopping earlier than ever this year. But we may spend less.
Ranking
- Vance jokes he’s checking out his future VP plane while overlapping with Harris at Wisconsin airport
- Coca-Cola Spiced pulled from shelves less than a year after drink's release
- Why Savannah Chrisley Feels “Fear” Ahead of Mom Julie Chrisley’s Resentencing
- 'Rather than advising them, she was abusing them': LA school counselor accused of sex crime
- British golfer Charley Hull blames injury, not lack of cigarettes, for poor Olympic start
- Tropical Weather Latest: Swaths of Mexico and Florida under hurricane warnings as Helene strengthens
- Inside Tia Mowry and Twin Sister Tamera Mowry's Forever Bond
- UNLV quarterback sitting out rest of season due to unfulfilled 'commitments'
Recommendation
Everything Simone Biles did at the Paris Olympics was amplified. She thrived in the spotlight
Judge approves $600 million settlement for residents near fiery Ohio derailment
Travis Kelce Reveals His Guilty Pleasure Show—And Yes, There's a Connection to Taylor Swift
DOJ's Visa antitrust lawsuit alleges debit card company monopoly
Selena Gomez engaged to Benny Blanco after 1 year together: 'Forever begins now'
Former Houston officer convicted of murder in deaths of couple during drug raid
Pirates DFA Rowdy Tellez, four plate appearances away from $200,000 bonus
New York court is set to hear Donald Trump’s appeal of his $489 million civil fraud verdict