Current:Home > ContactActors Alexa and Carlos PenaVega announce stillbirth of daughter: "She was absolutely beautiful" -Capitatum
Actors Alexa and Carlos PenaVega announce stillbirth of daughter: "She was absolutely beautiful"
FinLogic FinLogic Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 15:09:40
"Spy Kids" actor Alexa PenaVega and her husband, "Big Time Rush" actor Carlos PenaVega, announced on Monday that their daughter was delivered as a stillborn. Their daughter, whom they named Indy Rex PenaVega, was the couple's fourth child.
"There are never the right words to say when it comes to loss," the couple said in a joint statement on Instagram. "After a beautiful and peaceful delivery our daughter 'Indy' was born at rest. It has been a painful journey. But in the pain we have found peace."
Alexa PenaVega posted a pregnancy vlog from the hospital on March 18, saying she had been there for five days after she started bleeding.
"My history with this pregnancy has not been easy," she said, saying that at one point, she thought her water had broken and that she couldn't get the baby to move, despite her usually being active. The baby eventually started moving on the way to the hospital, she said.
"It looks like I've had basically a separation of my placenta from my uterus, not completely, a partial," she said. "Luckily, it's come to a place where it can be maintained."
According to the CDC, roughly 21,000 babies are delivered as stillbirths every year in the U.S. – about the same number of babies that die during the first year of life. The rate of early stillbirth has remained about the same over time, the agency says, while the rate of late and term stillbirths has "dramatically reduced."
The PenaVegas did not release details about the birth. They said that Indy "already changed our lives in so many ways." They announced their pregnancy in November.
"She was absolutely beautiful. And looked just like daddy. Dark hair and all," the couple said. "Grief has come to us in waves. Moments of feeling absolutely gutted... then moments of feeling blessed by just getting a moment with her."
"Indy Rex PenaVega, you completely changed our world," they ended their statement. "You moved us to a new place. You gave us the community we have been longing for. We love you can't wait to see how many other lives you change."
Former co-stars have showered the couple with condolences for their loss.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with your whole family," Big Time Rush commented on their Instagram post. "We love you and you're in our hearts always. Rest in peace, sweet angel."
Tiffany Thornton, known for her roles in Disney's "Sonny with a Chance" and "So Random!" said she has "no words."
"I am broken hearted from you guys and can't even fathom the loss of a tiny babe," she said. "I'm praying she will send signs to y'all from Heaven daily. Loving y'all from Arkansas and praying fervently for your sweet family."
- In:
- Disney
- Nickelodeon
- Pregnancy
Li Cohen is a social media producer and trending content writer for CBS News.
veryGood! (86858)
Related
- Selena Gomez engaged to Benny Blanco after 1 year together: 'Forever begins now'
- Say Anything announces 20th anniversary concert tour for '...Is a Real Boy' album
- How to decorate for the holidays, according to a 20-year interior design veteran
- What to know about Hanukkah and how it’s celebrated around the world
- Plunge Into These Olympic Artistic Swimmers’ Hair and Makeup Secrets
- Hanukkah Lights 2023
- Her alcoholic father died and missed her wedding. She forgives him anyway.
- Senators probe private equity hospital deals following CBS News investigation
- Sonya Massey's family keeps eyes on 'full justice' one month after shooting
- Russell Simmons speaks out on 2017 rape, assault allegations: 'The climate was different'
Ranking
- Matt Damon remembers pal Robin Williams: 'He was a very deep, deep river'
- Hanukkah Lights 2023
- 10 Wisconsin fake electors acknowledge actions were used to overturn 2020 election
- Sierra Leone ex-president is called in for questioning over attacks officials say was a failed coup
- Meet 11-year-old skateboarder Zheng Haohao, the youngest Olympian competing in Paris
- Ancient 'ghost galaxy' shrouded in dust detected by NASA: What makes this 'monster' special
- George Santos joins Cameo app, charging $400 a video. People are buying.
- 10 Wisconsin fake electors acknowledge actions were used to overturn 2020 election
Recommendation
Most popular books of the week: See what topped USA TODAY's bestselling books list
AP PHOTOS: In 2023, calamities of war and disaster were unleashed again on an unsettled Middle East
Who are the Houthis and why hasn’t the US retaliated for their attacks on ships in the Middle East?
Tom Suozzi appears to be Democrats' choice in special election for George Santos' congressional seat
Audit: California risked millions in homelessness funds due to poor anti-fraud protections
Sierra Leone ex-president is called in for questioning over attacks officials say was a failed coup
Why Kelly Ripa’s Daughter Lola Consuelos Advises Her Not to “Get Pregnant” Before Every Vacation
Seychelles declares state of emergency after explosion amid destructive flooding