Current:Home > MyNew photo of Prince Louis released to mark 6th birthday -Capitatum
New photo of Prince Louis released to mark 6th birthday
Algosensey View
Date:2025-04-07 04:26:44
A new photo of Prince Louis was released Tuesday to mark the young British royal's 6th birthday. It is the first image released by the family since the photo-editing scandal erupted last month.
In the photo, Louis, who is the fourth in line to the British throne behind his father and two older siblings, can be seen lying on a blanket while grinning at the camera. The photo is said to have been taken by his mother Catherine, the Princess of Wales. Kensington Palace has assured that this picture has not been edited.
"Happy 6th Birthday, Prince Louis! Thank you for all the kind wishes today," said the post accompanying the image shared on Kensington Palace's social media accounts.
Happy 6th Birthday, Prince Louis! 🎂
— The Prince and Princess of Wales (@KensingtonRoyal) April 23, 2024
Thank you for all the kind wishes today.
📸 The Princess of Wales pic.twitter.com/TxshrI3WKO
The family has typically released photos of the young royals to mark birthdays to news outlets in advance, but this year, with both Kate and her father-in-law King Charles III undergoing cancer treatment, they took a slightly different approach, posting the image of Louis directly on their official social media accounts on his birthday.
William and Kate, who have requested privacy as they deal with the family's medical issues, thanked people for their well-wishes in a short message posted with the photo of Louis.
Last month, a controversy erupted after Kensington Palace released a family photo of Kate and her three children on Britain's Mother's Day that was edited in numerous places, raising concerns over transparency and honesty.
International photo agencies withdrew the image from their platforms, some even removing Kensington Palace from their list of trusted sources. Kate admitted to editing the photo in a subsequent social media post.
It came at a time when Kate had been out of the public eye for months, recuperating from what the palace said was planned abdominal surgery in January.
In late March, as rumors swirled about her health, Kate announced in a video message that cancer was discovered following her operation and she is undergoing preventative chemotherapy on the advice of her medical team. She did not say what kind of cancer it was or share additional details about her diagnosis.
"This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family," Kate said in the video message. "As you can imagine, this has taken time. It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment. But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be OK."
The family kept a low profile over the Easter school holidays, but William resumed official duties last week.
- In:
- British Royal Family
Lucia Suarez Sang is an associate managing editor at cbsnews.com. Previously, Lucia was the director of digital content at FOX61 News in Connecticut and has previously written for outlets including FoxNews.com, Fox News Latino and the Rutland Herald.
TwitterveryGood! (9828)
Related
- Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
- Tropical systems Gilma and Hector have weakened but still pose threat to Hawaii
- Auto sales spike in August, thanks to Labor Day lift
- 'I probably put my foot in my mouth': Zac Taylor comments on Ja'Marr Chase availability
- The seven biggest college football quarterback competitions include Michigan, Ohio State
- Julián Ortega, Actor in Netflix’s Elite, Dead at 41 After Collapsing on Beach
- Marsai Martin talks 'mature' style transition, child star fame and 'keeping joy'
- After diversity pushback, some faculty feel left in dark at North Carolina’s flagship university
- Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
- Caitlin Clark sets WNBA rookie record for 3s as Fever beat Sun and snap 11-game skid in series
Ranking
- Meta donates $1 million to Trump’s inauguration fund
- Lawyer blames psychiatric disorder shared by 3 Australian Christian extremists for fatal siege
- Jack Del Rio, former NFL head coach, hired by Wisconsin's Luke Fickell
- Tell Me Lies Costars Grace Van Patten and Jackson White Confirm They’re Dating IRL
- Bet365 ordered to refund $519K to customers who it paid less than they were entitled on sports bets
- 11th Circuit allows Alabama to enforce its ban on gender-affirming care for minors
- Federal authorities announce additional arrests in multistate pharmacy burglary ring
- RFK Jr.'s name to remain on presidential ballot in North Carolina
Recommendation
The GOP and Kansas’ Democratic governor ousted targeted lawmakers in the state’s primary
Maryland awards contract for Francis Scott Key Bridge rebuild after deadly collapse
Criminal charges weighed against a man after a country music star stops show over an alleged assault
You’ll Flip Over Simone Biles and Gabby Thomas' Meet Up With Caitlin Clark
Connie Chiume, Black Panther Actress, Dead at 72: Lupita Nyong'o and More Pay Tribute
Freeform's 31 Nights of Halloween Promises to Be a Hauntingly Good Time
When the US left Kabul, these Americans tried to help Afghans left behind. It still haunts them
Gigi and Bella Hadid's Mom Yolanda Hadid Engaged to CEO Joseph Jingoli After 6 Years of Dating