Current:Home > 新闻中心Taylor Swift Cancels Austria Concerts After Confirmation of Planned Terrorist Attack -Capitatum
Taylor Swift Cancels Austria Concerts After Confirmation of Planned Terrorist Attack
TradeEdge Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 20:57:14
Taylor Swift’s upcoming concerts in Austria were the target of an alleged terror plot.
Authorities in Vienna confirmed to NBC News Aug. 7 that two men have been arrested in connection to planned attacks on major events in the city, including the “Karma” singer’s upcoming Eras Tour shows on Aug. 8, Aug. 9, and Aug. 10, which have been canceled.
"Due to confirmation by government officials of a planned terrorist attack at the Ernst Happel Stadium," event organizer Barracuda Music wrote on Instagram Aug. 7, "we have no choice but to cancel the three planned shows for everyone's safety."
Swift's website also announced that all tickets for the three shows "will be automatically refunded within the next 10 business days."
One of the suspects taken into custody is a 19-year-old man who had allegedly pledged allegiance to the Salafi-jihadist group ISIS, Vienna State Police Director Franz Ruf and the head of the State Police Gerhard Purstl said during a press conference Aug. 7. The authorities also noted, per NBC News, another arrest was made later that afternoon.
Authorities explained that the arrested suspects had “detailed” plans to carry out an attack, and the 19-year-old had been found with chemical substances which authorities are currently trying to determine whether could be used to make a bomb.
E! News has reached out to reps for Swift regarding the arrests and cancelation, but has not yet heard back.
The arrest comes less than a month after an individual was arrested prior Swift’s concert in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, due to threats against Swift and her boyfriend Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, both 34.
According to the Associated Press, a 34-year-old man had purchased a ticket for the Miss Americana star’s July 17 concert, but was arrested upon entry into the Veltins-Arena, following “tips from organizers of the event.”
And while Swift did not publicly address the previous arrest, she had spoken adamantly before about the precautions she has in place to keep her shows, fans and loved ones safe—calling any violence at her shows her “biggest fear” after the bombing at an Ariana Grande concert and shooting at the Route 91 Harvest music festival in 2017.
“I was completely terrified to go on tour this time because I didn’t know how we were going to keep 3 million fans safe over seven months,” she wrote in an essay for Elle in 2019. “There was a tremendous amount of planning, expense, and effort put into keeping my fans safe.”
(E! News and NBC News are both a part of NBCUniversal).
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (8)
Related
- Euphoria's Hunter Schafer Says Ex Dominic Fike Cheated on Her Before Breakup
- Ukraine says Russia hits key grain export route with drones in attack on global food security
- Federal jury acquits Louisiana trooper caught on camera pummeling Black motorist
- Swaths of the US are living through a brutal summer. It’s a climate wake-up call for many
- NHL in ASL returns, delivering American Sign Language analysis for Deaf community at Winter Classic
- Exclusive: First look at 2024 PGA Tour schedule; 4 designated events to keep 36-hole cut
- Hex crypto founder used investor funds to buy $4.3 million black diamond, SEC says
- Lost Death Valley visitors trek across salt flat after car gets stuck: It could have cost their lives
- Skins Game to make return to Thanksgiving week with a modern look
- $4 million settlement for family of man who died covered in bug bites at Georgia jail
Ranking
- Jury selection set for Monday for ex-politician accused of killing Las Vegas investigative reporter
- Family pleads for help in search for missing Georgia mother of 4
- World Cup schedule for knockout stage: USA gets Sweden first round, Morocco faces France
- Singapore executes third prisoner in 2 weeks for drug trafficking
- RFK Jr. closer to getting on New Jersey ballot after judge rules he didn’t violate ‘sore loser’ law
- Saguaro cacti, fruit trees and other plants are also stressed by Phoenix’s extended extreme heat
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Shares Glimpse Into Beachside Getaway With Travis Barker
- Maine lighthouse featured in 'Forrest Gump' struck by lightning; light damaged
Recommendation
Clay Aiken's son Parker, 15, makes his TV debut, looks like his father's twin
Russian shelling hits a landmark church in the Ukrainian city of Kherson
MLB trade deadline winners and losers: Mets burning it all down was a big boon for Astros
Birmingham Zoo plans to relocate unmarked graves to make way for a new cougar exhibit
RFK Jr. grilled again about moving to California while listing New York address on ballot petition
Truck carrying lemons overturns on New Jersey highway: Police
George Clooney, Meryl Streep among stars giving $1M to help struggling actors amid strike
Willy the Texas rodeo goat, on the lam for weeks, has been found safe