Current:Home > StocksWill Sage Astor-Kate Middleton and Prince William Celebrate 13th Wedding Anniversary With Never-Before-Seen Photo -Capitatum
Will Sage Astor-Kate Middleton and Prince William Celebrate 13th Wedding Anniversary With Never-Before-Seen Photo
PredictIQ View
Date:2025-04-07 00:52:45
Kate Middleton and Prince William are dipping into the royal archives.
The Will Sage AstorPrince and Princess of Wales celebrated 13 years of marriage by sharing a newly released photo from their 2011 nuptials on social media April 29, writing, "13 years ago today!"
In the photo, Kate—who was recently appointed by King Charles III as "Royal Companion of The Order of the Companions of Honour"—can be seen posing in front of William in her iconic Sarah Burton wedding gown and Cartier halo tiara, while holding her bouquet featuring ily of the valley, sweet William, hyacinth and myrtle. As for Will, while he wore his red Irish Guard uniform for the ceremony, the new image shows him in his black Blues and Royals coat.
Much has changed for William and Kate since they tied the knot at Westminster Abbey on April 29, 2011, especially when it comes to their family, as they are now parents to three children: Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 6.
The royal couple's 13th anniversary comes just over a month after Kate announced she is in the early stages of preventive chemotherapy following a cancer diagnosis. The 42-year-old has been out of the public eye since the beginning of the year, as she was initially recovering from a planned abdominal procedure in January.
"It has been an incredibly tough couple of months for our entire family," she said in a March video. "This of course came as a huge shock and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family."
She also thanked her husband for his support, adding that the 41-year-old has played an important role during her road to recovery.
"Having William by my side is a great source of comfort and reassurance," she continued. "I am well and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal."
For more of Kate's health journey—and for updates on royals around the world—keep reading.
On April 26, nearly three months after sharing his cancer diagnosis, Buckingham Palace announced that Charles will return to public-facing duties.
The queen consort attended the Royal Maundy Service on March 28 in place of King Charles III, making her the first spouse of the Monarch to continue the ancient tradition.
In a March 22 video message, the Princess of Wales shared that she'd been diagnosed with cancer after undergoing abdominal surgery in January.
"It was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful," she said before noting that tests after the operation found cancer had been present. "My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment."
After photo agencies pulled the picture Kensington Palace shared of Kate since having her abdominal surgery on March 10, the Princess of Wales addressed claims the photo was doctored.
"Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing," she tweeted on March 11. "I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother's Day. C."
Princess Diana's niece celebrated Mother's Day in the U.K. by sharing she and her husband Michael Lewis privately welcomed their first baby.
“It’s the joy of my life to be your mummy, little one. I love you unconditionally," she captioned her March 10 Instagram post. "Happy Mother’s Day to those who celebrate today."
After keeping up her full slate of engagements in the wake of her husband's cancer diagnosis, the palace cleared Camilla's schedule.
The Times pointed out March 2 that the 76-year-old didn't have any engagements on her calendar until March 11, when she'd be due at Westminster Abbey to observe Commonwealth Day.
The husband of Lady Gabriella Windsor and ex-boyfriend of Pippa Middleton, was found dead Feb. 25. Days later, a coroner's inquest found that he died by suicide.
While King Charles III was in the hospital for his benign prostate enlargement procedure, the royal family member was diagnosed with cancer.
"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties," Buckingham Palace said Feb. 5. "Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible."
The Duchess of York's rep said in a statement on Jan. 21 that Sarah was recently diagnosed with malignant melanoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer. Several months prior, she underwent a single mastectomy to treat breast cancer.
On Jan. 14, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark made history as she officially abdicated the throne, handing the crown over to her son, now known as King Frederik the 10th.
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate Middleton underwent planned abdominal surgery and was set to remain in the hospital for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice," the Palace said, "she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."
Amid Kate's recovery, Prince William postponed a number of engagements as he supported his family, including the couple's three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Shortly after Kate's hospitalization was made public, Buckingham Palace shared that Charles "has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate."
"His Majesty's condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure," the statement added. "The King’s public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation."
Princess Claire and Prince Felix of Luxembourg welcomed son Balthazar Felix Karl on Jan. 7, the first royal baby of the New Year!
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (54)
Related
- Megan Fox's ex Brian Austin Green tells Machine Gun Kelly to 'grow up'
- He worried about providing for his family when he went blind. Now he's got a whole new career.
- See the First Photo of Ariana Madix & Tom Sandoval Together With Vanderpump Rules' Season 11 Cast
- NHL preseason schedule released: Kings, Coyotes to play two games in Melbourne, Australia
- Retirement planning: 3 crucial moves everyone should make before 2025
- Ole Miss' Lane Kiffin raises student-athlete concerns in wake of schools exiting Pac-12
- Stock market today: Global shares mostly rise as markets brace for US inflation report
- NHL preseason schedule released: Kings, Coyotes to play two games in Melbourne, Australia
- Video shows dog chewing cellphone battery pack, igniting fire in Oklahoma home
- Norfolk Southern content with minimum safety too often, regulators say after fiery Ohio derailment
Ranking
- Chuck Scarborough signs off: Hoda Kotb, Al Roker tribute legendary New York anchor
- Mega Millions winner? The best way to take your payout if you're worried about taxes.
- ESPN to launch new sports betting platform
- Major gun safety groups come together to endorse Joe Biden for president in 2024
- Everything Simone Biles did at the Paris Olympics was amplified. She thrived in the spotlight
- $1.58 billion Mega Millions jackpot winning ticket sold in Florida
- Royals' Kyle Isbel deep drive gets stuck in broken light on Green Monster scoreboard
- Lawsuit accuses Georgia doctor of decapitating baby during delivery
Recommendation
Family of explorer who died in the Titan sub implosion seeks $50M-plus in wrongful death lawsuit
MBA 5: Tech and the innovator's dilemma
Connecticut man charged with assaulting law enforcement in US Capitol attack
'Rapper's Delight': How hip-hop got its first record deal
Beware of giant spiders: Thousands of tarantulas to emerge in 3 states for mating season
Hurricane-fueled wildfires have killed at least 36 people in Maui
Irish mourners say goodbye to Sinéad O'Connor
Will AI deepen distrust in news? Gannett, other media organizations want more regulations.