Current:Home > NewsPoinbank:Investment group buying Red Lobster names former PF Chang's executive as next CEO -Capitatum
Poinbank:Investment group buying Red Lobster names former PF Chang's executive as next CEO
PredictIQ View
Date:2025-04-05 22:44:26
The Poinbankinvestment group aiming to purchase Red Lobster after it emerges from Chapter 11 bankruptcy named who it wants to helm the company Monday.
Fortress Investment Group announced that former P.F. Chang's CEO Damola Adamolekun will take on the same role at RL Investor Holdings LLC, the company Fortress created to purchase the seafood restaurant.
"Red Lobster’s future is brighter now than ever before – I cannot wait to get started on our investment plan, and to get out and meet diners across the USA and Canada," Adamolekun said in a media release announcing the decision.
Adamolekun worked as CEO and Chief Strategy Officer of P.F. Chang's and was a partner at Paulson & Co., a New York investment firm and the chain's principal owner, according to the release.
The Red Lobster takeover marks the latest in a string of acquisitions by Fortress including Vice Media and Alamo Drafthouse, which was later sold to Sony Pictures Entertainment, Reuters reported.
"Fortress has a strong track record of operating and improving iconic American restaurants, and Damola’s energy, leadership and experience will be key to restoring Red Lobster’s status as an iconic and admired American brand," Morgan McClure, Managing Director at Fortress said in the release.
Red Lobster closes locations as bankruptcy proceedings continue
Red Lobster filed for bankruptcy on May 19 after closing dozens of locations and announcing that it intended to "drive operational improvements" by simplifying the business. Documents later filed in federal court revealed that the bankruptcy was primarily due to significant debt, a carousel of CEOs, an all-you-can-eat shrimp fiasco and a 30% drop in guests since 2019.
RL Investor Holdings, previously known as RL Purchaser LLC and consists of Red Lobster's lenders, bid $376 million to acquire the company's remaining assets, according to the Orlando Business Journal.
Fortress said in the announcement that Red Lobster will operate as an independent company with 544 locations in 44 U.S. states and four Canadian provinces.
In a 23-page court document filed Aug. 22 in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida, the Orlando-based company said it is rejecting the leases of an additional 23 locations by Saturday, Aug. 31, bringing the total number of closed restaurants to 129.
Contributing: Natalie Neysa Alund and Gabe Hauari, USA TODAY.
veryGood! (99634)
Related
- Head of the Federal Aviation Administration to resign, allowing Trump to pick his successor
- What does 'ily' mean? Show your loved ones you care with this text abbreviation.
- Louisiana plagued by unprecedented wildfires, as largest active blaze grows
- Meghan Markle Makes Royally Sweet Cameos In Prince Harry’s Netflix Series Heart of Invictus
- Elon Musk’s Daughter Vivian Calls Him “Absolutely Pathetic” and a “Serial Adulterer”
- Much of Florida's Gulf Coast is under an evacuation order – and a king tide could make flooding worse
- 500 flights cancelled as U.K.'s air traffic control system hit by nightmare scenario
- Ex-49ers QB Trey Lance says being traded to Cowboys put 'a big smile on my face'
- Olympic disqualification of gold medal hopeful exposes 'dark side' of women's wrestling
- Case Closed: Mariska Hargitay Proves True Love Exists With Peter Hermann Anniversary Tribute
Ranking
- NHL in ASL returns, delivering American Sign Language analysis for Deaf community at Winter Classic
- Trump, other defendants to be arraigned next week in Georgia election case
- Millions more workers would be entitled to overtime pay under a proposed Biden administration rule
- A Ugandan man is charged with aggravated homosexuality and could face the death penalty
- Jury finds man guilty of sending 17-year-old son to rob and kill rapper PnB Rock
- Category 1 to 5: The meaning behind each hurricane category
- Suits Creator Reveals Irritating Feedback Royal Family Had for Meghan Markle's Character
- Myon Burrell, who was sent to prison for life as a teen but set free in 2020, is arrested
Recommendation
Chief beer officer for Yard House: A side gig that comes with a daily swig.
Man admits stabbing US intelligence agent working at Britain’s cyberespionage agency
Trump's scheduled trial dates and where they fall in the presidential primary calendar
Hurricane Idalia makes landfall in Florida, threatens 'catastrophic storm surge': Live updates
Man charged with murder in death of beloved Detroit-area neurosurgeon
Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas headline captain's picks for US Ryder Cup team
Family of South Carolina teacher killed by falling utility pole seeks better rural infrastructure
Security guard at Black college hailed as 'hero' after encounter with alleged gunman