Current:Home > NewsZack Martin, Dallas Cowboys rework contract to end offensive guard's camp holdout -Capitatum
Zack Martin, Dallas Cowboys rework contract to end offensive guard's camp holdout
Charles Langston View
Date:2025-04-06 07:14:22
Zack Martin’s holdout is over.
The Dallas Cowboys reworked Martin’s contract, and the guard is set to earn over $18 million in each of the next two years, a person familiar with the situation told USA TODAY Sports. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because they aren’t authorized to disclose contract details.
Martin had been holding out of Cowboys practices because he was unhappy with his contract situation. After the agreement was completed, Martin wrote on social media: "Back to Work."
The right guard was scheduled to make $13.5 million this year and $14 million next year prior to the reworked deal.
Martin has been a linchpin of the Cowboys’ offensive line since the team selected him No. 16 overall in the 2014 NFL draft. He’s a six-time first-team All-Pro and eight-time Pro Bowl selection. He was also voted on the NFL’s 2010s All-Decade Team.
According to Pro Football Focus, Martin allowed zero sacks and just 16 pressures in 2022.
Follow USA TODAY Sports' Tyler Dragon on Twitter @TheTylerDragon.
veryGood! (35531)
Related
- What were Tom Selleck's juicy final 'Blue Bloods' words in Reagan family
- All major social media platforms fail LGBTQ+ people — but Twitter is the worst, says GLAAD
- A Bold Renewables Policy Lures Leading Solar Leasers to Maryland
- The Truth Behind Paige DeSorbo and Craig Conover's Confusing AF Fight on Summer House
- Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
- Arctic Bogs Hold Another Global Warming Risk That Could Spiral Out of Control
- High-Stakes Wind Farm Drama in Minnesota Enters Final Act
- See RHOBH's Kyle Richards and Kathy Hilton's Sweet Family Reunion Amid Ongoing Feud
- Carolinas bracing for second landfall from Tropical Storm Debby: Live updates
- In Iowa, Sanders and Buttigieg Approached Climate from Different Angles—and Scored
Ranking
- How effective is the Hyundai, Kia anti-theft software? New study offers insights.
- Over-the-counter Narcan will save lives, experts say. But the cost will affect access
- Cook Inlet Gas Leak Remains Unmonitored as Danger to Marine Life Is Feared
- How grown-ups can help kids transition to 'post-pandemic' school life
- Eva Mendes Shares Message of Gratitude to Olympics for Keeping Her and Ryan Gosling's Kids Private
- Selling Sunset Cast Reacts to Chrishell Stause and G Flip's Marriage
- Jennifer Lopez Details Her Kids' Difficult Journey Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Rain Is Triggering More Melting on the Greenland Ice Sheet — in Winter, Too
Recommendation
Who's hosting 'Saturday Night Live' tonight? Musical guest, how to watch Dec. 14 episode
Woman, 8 months pregnant, fatally shot in car at Seattle intersection
18 Bikinis With Full-Coverage Bottoms for Those Days When More Is More
Southern Baptists expel California megachurch for having female pastors
Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Hi Hi!
Cook Inlet Gas Leak Remains Unmonitored as Danger to Marine Life Is Feared
One of America’s 2 Icebreakers Is Falling Apart. Trump’s Wall Could Block Funding for a New One.
Coastal Flooding Is Erasing Billions in Property Value as Sea Level Rises. That’s Bad News for Cities.