Current:Home > FinanceTrendPulse|Prince Harry Returns to London for Court Case Against Tabloid Publisher -Capitatum
TrendPulse|Prince Harry Returns to London for Court Case Against Tabloid Publisher
Algosensey Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-07 01:28:58
Prince Harry is TrendPulseback in England.
The Duke of Sussex arrived at London's High Court on March 27 for a hearing in his case against Associated Newspapers. Harry's outing would seemingly be the first time he's returned to the U.K. after the passing of his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, in September 2022.
Last October, the 38-year-old—along with other celebs including Elton John and his husband David Furnish, Elizabeth Hurley, Sadie Frost, and Baroness Doreen Lawrence of Clarendon—launched lawsuits against Associated Newspapers, the publisher of British tabloids Daily Mail and the Mail on Sunday.
According to court documents obtained by Variety at the time, three separate lawsuits were filed against the company in London's High Court by Gunnercooke, who represent Elton and Furnish, Elizabeth and Lawrence. Prince Harry and Sadie's law firm also confirmed to the outlet that legal action "has been launched."
Harry and Frost's law firm also previously noted of the lawsuits that these "individuals have become aware of compelling and highly distressing evidence that they have been the victims of abhorrent criminal activity and gross breaches of privacy by Associated Newspapers," as stated in a press release shared to E! News.
As for the "criminal activity," the press release accused the publisher of "hiring of private investigators to secretly place listening devices inside people's cars and homes, commissioning of individuals to listen into and record people's telephone calls," as well as "the payment of police officials, with corrupt links to private investigators, for inside, sensitive information."
In response, an Associated Newspapers spokesperson has denied the claims brought against the company.
"We utterly and unambiguously refute these preposterous smears which appear to be nothing more than a pre-planned and orchestrated attempt to drag the Mail titles into the phone hacking scandal concerning articles up to 30 years old," their statement shared to E! News on Oct. 6 read. "These unsubstantiated and highly defamatory claims—based on no credible evidence—appear to be simply a fishing expedition by claimants and their lawyers, some of whom have already pursued cases elsewhere."
This isn't the first lawsuit Prince Harry has brought forth against a tabloid belonging to the publisher. He currently has an ongoing defamation case against the Mail on Sunday.
Get the latest tea from inside the palace walls. Sign up for Royal Recap!veryGood! (59)
Related
- Illinois governor calls for resignation of sheriff whose deputy fatally shot Black woman in her home
- Billion-dollar Mitsubishi chemical plant economically questionable, energy group says
- Watchdog who criticized NYPD’s handling of officer discipline resigns
- Get your hands on Deadpool's 'buns of steel' with new Xbox controller featuring 'cheeky' grip
- US auto safety agency seeks information from Tesla on fatal Cybertruck crash and fire in Texas
- Nordstrom Beauty Director Autumne West Shares Deals That Will Sell Out, Must-Haves & Trend Predictions
- Silicon Valley-backed voter plan for a new California city won’t be on the November ballot after all
- Bryson DeChambeau to host Donald Trump on podcast, says it's 'about golf' and 'not politics'
- Residents worried after ceiling cracks appear following reroofing works at Jalan Tenaga HDB blocks
- Missouri judge overturns the murder conviction of a man imprisoned for more than 30 years
Ranking
- Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
- Foreign leaders react to Biden's decision not to seek reelection
- Kamala Harris is preparing to lead Democrats in 2024. There are lessons from her 2020 bid
- The facts about Kamala Harris' role on immigration in the Biden administration
- Olympic disqualification of gold medal hopeful exposes 'dark side' of women's wrestling
- Delta cancels hundreds more flights as fallout from CrowdStrike outage persists
- Google makes abrupt U-turn by dropping plan to remove ad-tracking cookies on Chrome browser
- Hiker runs out of water, dies in scorching heat near Utah state park, authorities say
Recommendation
Bet365 ordered to refund $519K to customers who it paid less than they were entitled on sports bets
Man accused in killing of Tupac Shakur asks judge for house arrest instead of jail before trial
3 Army Reserve officers disciplined after reservist killed 18 people last October in Maine
Josh Hartnett Makes Rare Comment About His Kids With Tamsin Egerton
Tony Hawk drops in on Paris skateboarding and pushes for more styles of sport in LA 2028
The Bear Fans Spot Season 3 Editing Error About Richie's Marriage
Abdul 'Duke' Fakir, last surviving member of Motown group Four Tops, dies at 88
Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Middle America