Current:Home > MarketsModel Abby Choi's Murder Case: Police Search for Missing Body Parts -Capitatum
Model Abby Choi's Murder Case: Police Search for Missing Body Parts
PredictIQ Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 14:36:33
Content warning: This story contains graphic details.
Hong Kong authorities are searching for more evidence in the case of model Abby Choi's gruesome murder after her some of her remains were found inside of a home in the city's Tai Po district.
On Feb. 28, more than 100 officers began combing through a landfill at Ta Kwu Ling, a neighborhood south of the mainland China border, in search for missing body parts and possible personal effects belonging to the 28-year-old, according to Associated Press.
Abby's ex-husband Alex Kwong, 28—as well as his father Kwong Kau, 65, and brother Anthony Kwong, 31—have been arrested and charged with murder in connection to the influencer's death. Meanwhile, Alex's mother Jenny Li, 63, faces one count of perverting the course of justice, per AP.
Police superintendent Alan Chung said investigators honed in on the landfill after the suspects allegedly "threw away several bags of important evidence in the morning of Feb. 22," according to the outlet. He added that investigators suspect the bags may possibly contain "some human body parts or they could be the clothes and the phone of the victim, or even the weapons."
Authorities first began looking into Abby's case when she was reported missing on Feb. 21. Days later, police said her dismembered body parts were found inside a refrigerator and stainless steel pot at a rented residence. Police previously said that a meat slicer, an electric saw and some clothing were also found at the home, according to CNN.
Abby's torso and hands remain missing, and authorities said the search at the landfill could last for one or two more days, per Hong Kong public broadcaster RTHK. The outlet reported that officers found bones at the trash site on Feb. 28, but could not determine if they were human or animal.
The influencer last posted to her Instagram on Feb. 14, just days before her disappearance. At the time, she shared her latest cover story with fashion publication L'Officiel Monaco, writing in part, "Grateful for this recognition and the continued support along the way."
According to AP, Alex and his family have not entered their pleas, and their lawyers do not appear to have issued a comment on the case.
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (2)
Related
- Shilo Sanders' bankruptcy case reaches 'impasse' over NIL information for CU star
- Teen driver blamed for crash that kills woman and 3 children in a van near Seattle
- Prosecutors say Donald Trump’s hush money trial should start April 15 without further delay
- Pennsylvania house fire kills man, 4 children as 3 other family members are rescued
- FBI: California woman brought sword, whip and other weapons into Capitol during Jan. 6 riot
- 1 of 17 bus companies sued by NYC agrees to temporarily stop transporting migrants, Mayor Adams says
- Dancing With the Stars' Peta Murgatroyd and Maks Chmerkovskiy Reveal Sex of Baby
- One man dead and one officer injured after shooting at Fort Lauderdale Holiday Inn, police
- Taylor Swift Cancels Austria Concerts After Confirmation of Planned Terrorist Attack
- Butter statues, 6-on-6, packed gyms: Iowa loved women's hoops long before Caitlin Clark
Ranking
- Taylor Swift makes surprise visit to Kansas City children’s hospital
- Real Housewives of Potomac's Karen Huger Charged With DUI After Car Crash
- A small town suspended its entire police force. Residents want to know why
- President Biden releases his brackets for 2024 NCAA March Madness tournaments
- Man charged with murder in death of beloved Detroit-area neurosurgeon
- Rachel McAdams Just Debuted Dark Hair in Must-See Transformation
- Social Security clawed back overpayments by docking 100% of benefits. Now it's capping it at 10%.
- NFL's bid to outlaw hip-drop tackles is slippery slope
Recommendation
Drones warned New York City residents about storm flooding. The Spanish translation was no bueno
Cruise ship stranded in 2019 could have been one of the worst disasters at sea, officials say
US surgeons have transplanted a pig kidney into a patient
Human remains found in 1979 in Chicago suburb identified through DNA, forensic genealogy
Meet 11-year-old skateboarder Zheng Haohao, the youngest Olympian competing in Paris
Attorneys try to stop DeSantis appointees from giving depositions in Disney lawsuit
Why Jim Nantz isn't calling any March Madness games this year
Nationwide tech hiccup interferes with US driver’s license offices